Kaizen's at work?

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Kaizen's at work?

My brothers company has - they make pumps<br /><br />It has really worked for them, as they have eliminated a lot of waste "time" during the assembly process. <br /><br />The issue that most of the "workers" have is that in most cases the worker only sees his part of the process and the entire part of the process <br /><br />Also that %50 is not just the invidual person but with the PROCESS from start to end. Yes it is the simple things, 1% here and there across 40-50 different process does add up.<br /><br />Plus the fact that if they get even get an extra 10% improvement in the process the comparison is how would they get an extra 10% without this change, overtime? extra workers? another plant?

D

DJ

tomatolord,<br /><br />I agree that workers that have a basic undestanding of an entire process are more informed and motivated.<br /><br />It allows the worker to always be thinking about improvemnt. There maybe something up the line, so to speak, that is affecting him. And the other way around.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

I waited to see what was posted. One we are not union. Two,some one said they never seen the Japananese hand tools,Perhaps you have seen our tool here's a few that we own/make Craftsmans tools {the entire line} Matco,Allen, Armstrong. When the Kaizen people came they had no idea how or why we did the things we do. They totally blew off our idea's and totally ignored any said by engineering. They said anything the Kaizen people wanted done it was to be done ASAP. Like I said myself and everybody I work with feel insulted they have to put these people in the shop to totally screw us up and even more they can't find a American firm that could help.

NYMINUTE

Captain

AS9000, ISO 9001, JIT, if we put one more flag on the pole the dam* thing will fall over killing the entire FOD team. Why can't we just make parts? :confused: