Just thought I'd share a nice photo.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I'd be surprised if that little boat in the Foreground, isn't shoved Astern by that Water Cannon

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
A few pix from last week...
Flat calm day 10-2022.jpgNorthport Bay, Eaton's Neck peninsula and the Connecticut coast in the far distance.....jpg
It is rarely this calm in my boating area, first pic is entrance to our home port, second is looking across LI Sound with coast of Connecticut in the far distance with the Eaton's Neck peninsula in between....

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
When we were kids my parents took us to a farm in upstate NY for vacation; this was circa 1960-1964. In 1968 the family retired and sold the farm to none other than…Bob Denver! True story, it was the Red Pine Farm in Bovina Center in upstate NY. We drove by in the summer of 1969 right before the Woodstock festival and it looked like a commune! Not sure how long Bob owned it but it was a beautiful place…

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Lots like that at Lake Mead. Not as good of shape though.
I suddenly hear in my ears
"The ship set ground on the shore
Of this uncharted desert isle"
I heard the intro in my head when I saw it.

Just sit right back and you will hear a tale
a tale of a fateful trip
that started from this tropic port
aboard this tiny ship

Baylinerchuck

Commander
I would be very nervous driving there, except on main highways. Were I live it is very flat. very few hills and very few Valleys. There are many sections of Highway that are Straight, no curves, for over 40 miles
You’re not going to find many miles of straight road in this part of PA, though depending on which direction you’re coming to the lake, you can avoid the steep climbs and save the brakes.

aspeck

Staff member
Still plenty of color left in those trees. I’m planning on heading up this Saturday as the temps should be close to 70. A slow fall cruise.
It should be beautiful this Saturday! I would do the same, but I am headed to Michigan to see the youngest daughter. The water drop has started for the maintenance work they want to do. It is down 3 feet already as per Army Corp of Engineers:
As of 10/14/22, all Raystown Lake boat launches remain 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 to the public.
Currently the lake level is 783.75 ft, which is close to our first target elevation 783.3 ft (approximately 3 ft below summer recreation pool).
The lake level is 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃, to remain around this target elevation (783.3 ft) with 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐬 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐯 𝟏𝟏, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 (dependent on inflow levels). Beginning on or after Nov 11, the lake will be lowered an additional 5 ft to final target elevation 778.5 ft,.
𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄- the courtesy dock at Weaver Falls has been removed, but the boat ramp is still open and usable. The dock is expected to be replaced after the drawdown is over.

aspeck

Staff member
I would be very nervous driving there, except on main highways. Were I live it is very flat. very few hills and very few Valleys. There are many sections of Highway that are Straight, no curves, for over 40 miles
You’re not going to find many miles of straight road in this part of PA, though depending on which direction you’re coming to the lake, you can avoid the steep climbs and save the brakes.
But where is the fun in that? LOL! About the longest "straight stretch" you will find around here is a little over a half mile long, and it has a slight bend to it ... Just had a girl from Dearborn, MI at our house last week ... she was on sensory overload by the hills and curvy roads. It was fun to watch what we have grown up with be so new and novel to another ...