Just started back at fishing

ezbtr

Commander
Been 6 ish years, now in TX last 2.5 yrs, retired ish, lake half a mile from the house, was great today, got nada was 95, but saw em swimming around, tried trout type paste bait, poppers, frogs and deep divers, no bites, but will be getting to know this lake, can use your kayak or canoe, all FREE, picnic areas, shade, bathrooms, life is good :)

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
got nada was 95, but saw em swimming around, tried trout type paste bait, poppers, frogs and deep divers, no bites, but will be getting to know this lake, can use your kayak or canoe :)
Thats why it’s called fishing, not catching.....lol

You'll get it figured out...good luck

gm280

Supreme Mariner
WOW I envy you. It has been so long since I fished, I am not even sure which end of the fishing rod to hold anymore. One day I hope to get back to fishing...but by that time, fish will have evolved to some type other species by then... :eek:

ezbtr

Commander
Thats why it’s called fishing, not catching.....lol

You'll get it figured out...good luck

yeah gettin to know the locals for tips - we've got at least 4-5 more great lakes close by, I love central TX!!

ezbtr

Commander
WOW I envy you. It has been so long since I fished, I am not even sure which end of the fishing rod to hold anymore. One day I hope to get back to fishing...but by that time, fish will have evolved to some type other species by then... :eek:

you boat and dont fish?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
you boat and dont fish?

NO, I have been working on a boat that is going to be my fishing boat. I used to own a very nice Bass Boat and when we built a new house (decades ago now) we weren't using the boat anymore at that time and I sold it. :frusty:

Then my older adult son got a nice fishing boat and I went with him a few times. He since sold that boat and that left me boat-less. :violin:

So I bid on a very very used boat on Ebay and won it and got it home only to discover that EVERYTHING had to be rebuilt. The boat, the trailer, the engine...everything. And that is where I am at now. If you visit my boat thread, you will see that the trailer was rebuilt, the engine and even the boat. I am at the last few issues with the boat but have been dragging those issues out for too long a time. One of those issues is sewing a nice live well cushion. I have never made a cushion before and have been letting that sit for the very last thing to do. One day.... :facepalm:

ezbtr

Commander
NO, I have been working on a boat that is going to be my fishing boat. I used to own a very nice Bass Boat and when we built a new house (decades ago now) we weren't using the boat anymore at that time and I sold it. :frusty:

Then my older adult son got a nice fishing boat and I went with him a few times. He since sold that boat and that left me boat-less. :violin:

So I bid on a very very used boat on Ebay and won it and got it home only to discover that EVERYTHING had to be rebuilt. The boat, the trailer, the engine...everything. And that is where I am at now. If you visit my boat thread, you will see that the trailer was rebuilt, the engine and even the boat. I am at the last few issues with the boat but have been dragging those issues out for too long a time. One of those issues is sewing a nice live well cushion. I have never made a cushion before and have been letting that sit for the very last thing to do. One day.... :facepalm:

I'll lokk at your thread, I'm getting to learn the other subjects here :)