Just bought a Suzuki DT4, have some questions

henkee

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 15, 2012
Messages
10
Hi,

I just bought a DT4 1985 and have some questions, bought it today and have just tried started it.

I opened the plastic cover and saw that the throttle level doesn?t open up fully when full throttle on the handle.

Shall it be like that on this model or is this just a adjusting issue ?

The Throttle handle rotates back when increase and decrease throttle, is this normal?

Regards //Henke
 

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Messages
3,447
Re: Just bought a Suzuki DT4, have some questions

Don't worry about that ... did it start at least? If so how does it run?
 

henkee

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 15, 2012
Messages
10
Re: Just bought a Suzuki DT4, have some questions

Don't worry about that ... did it start at least? If so how does it run?

It started very easily, runs smooth, we were 3 people in the boat so down know yet how it runs with me alone. If I take the plastic cover off, I can increase throttle level at the carburetor a little bit. Revs a little bit more, but not much. Would be nice to have a service manual for this engine though.
 

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Messages
3,447
Re: Just bought a Suzuki DT4, have some questions

You can adjust it to open fully, you will probably find that an old man detuned it slightly so his kids don't run it at WOT permanently ...
 
Top