Just bought a 1988 Winner Escape 1950 Sport

jasonamy

Recruit
We bought it a couple weeks ago and it needed some work. I replaced some of the wood in the seats and some other small things. and it just needed a good cleaning.
The gas cap to the 2nd tank was missing and the hose from the cap to the tank was gone. the previouse owner said he just used the big main tank that is in the floor. I bought a cap and a foot of hose and put it all together. when I went to put gas in it it would not take in any gas. it just kept overflowing back out of the gas cap. I wondered if maybe there was a wasp nest or something in there so I ran some wire in thru the cap with no problems. Ther eis a pretty good bend in the hose from the cap to the tank. I wonder if it is just kinking it enough so the fuel won't flow in. does anyone know if that was a special hose that has the bends formed into it so the gas will flow properly?
I did check my vent and it is not plugged up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks
Jason

EotS

Recruit
Re: Just bought a 1988 Winner Escape 1950 Sport

Just scanning the Winner threads, so this is a late reply...

I have an '85 Winner Escape 1750 with dual tanks. My Aft tank has always been very slow to fill, you can only run the gas pump at minimum speed or it will shut off. Several years back, I had a mechanic check it out and he said it was venting find and all, he couldn't find any problems.

So I'm guessing it's something in the design re: the bend in the hose or something.

danielI1

Recruit
Jason, I have the same boat same year. It was inherited from my grandfather. I had the same issues with filling the aft tank. After running it empty one day I found that filling it up was much quicker from empty than when fuel was all ready in the tank.

danielI1

Recruit
How did you go about replacing the wood in the seats? I need to also replace much of the wood on the bow and the floor is beggining to start rotting.