Jury Duty

Pierutrus

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Jury Duty

Wouldn't that be Treasury / Secret Service?
Just a guess.:confused:

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Interesting side note, or let's make it a quiz . . . Those who know this story leave it alone . . . What law enforcement agency holds jurisdiction over counterfeiting? No Googling . . .

Secret Service was my guess as a Canuck. It is based on the fact that I really wouldn't know much about the US enforcement outside of the FBI or Secret Service. FBI makes sense to me, but because you said 'interesting' I guess Secret Service.

Now, off to google the right answer....

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, it is the Secret Service which I found odd . . . I guess it makes sense to some, but I originally assumed FBI until the Secret Service showed up to take her away . . .

i havent been called or contacted by Federal but locally i have and each time i tell them ive heard of that case and i think they did it!! just like OJ did it dont you think ? they stopped calling. :eek:

Pierutrus

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Yeah, it is the Secret Service which I found odd . . . I guess it makes sense to some, but I originally assumed FBI until the Secret Service showed up to take her away . . .

and I believe "out of country" counterfeiting, like N Korea doing it is handled by the FBI.:confused:

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Again, I was with you and only guessed the other because it was a quiz and it couldn't be the obvious (again, I'm Canadian and only know the two)

However, after I googled it, I found the history part interesting of when they took it on as part of their mandate.

http://www.ustreas.gov/usss/counterfeit.shtml

Interesting stuff on the history and volume of counterfeit money. Now there is less counterfeit money, just more counterfeit banks and their execs:eek::eek:

WizeOne

Commander

I have never been called for jury duty, and I would actually enjoy it. I think I would make a good juror, too.

That is precisely why they would probably not accept you. You think the defense attorney wants a 'good juror'? Hah!

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

That is precisely why they would probably not accept you. You think the defense attorney wants a 'good juror'? Hah!

Let me rephrase, I think I would be a FAIR juror.