Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Apr 22, 2003
Messages
418
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

I don't think I would want to be the first cop through the door of an armed criminals abode after I had given him plenty of time to get ready for my entry. You know, there is the way things should be and then there is the way they really are.<br /><br />Dave
 

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 25, 2001
Messages
8,217
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> A few years ago,one of New Yorks finest and one of his fellow officers entered a haitian man from behind with a broom stick.This officer was able to hide behind the "blue wall" for quite a while.<br />Do you really want one of these to be allowed in your home without knocking first? They have proven that there are a lot of rotten apples in their ranks.
Of course not, Rolmops. And you will need to actually read what happened to understand...It is even slanted as alNew York Times slants things too. However ,Parrot Head made it real easy for you. Just read his post (which follows yours that i quoted here).<br /><br />But it boils down to a change in the way the supreme court is handling cases,provided this isn't an isolated case, but the begining of sane rulings from the bench -- as opposed to liberally legislating from it (IE: rewriting the laws to suit their twisted ends). The supreme court UPHELD the knock-first rule, but did not discard evidence gathered because of it! That is key. They did not need to re-write, or even re-direct existing law, while admitting the evidence gathered. The scum still goes to the barry place to bunk with bubba! This in the face of however much money the mutant throws at his crooked lawyer.<br />I love it. As Rush Limbaugh said when he addressed this (and how I found out about the news), "If the liberals are unhappy with this ruling, I am happy with it" (paraphrasing there).<br />At least conservative courts do not legislate,but interpret law. After all, that's their ONLY job.
 

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 25, 2001
Messages
8,217
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

BTW, well done post, Parrot Head!
emthup.gif
<br />Even if I am not as suspicious.
 

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 25, 2001
Messages
8,217
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

Originally posted by cpj:<br /> They had a warrant. They announced themselves. What is the ****ing problem?<br />I dont understand the problem. THEY HAD A WARRANT! That means that they had a resonable notion that he had drugs in his house. Which he did.<br />Maybe Im wrong, and Im being to hard on this worhtless piece of **** drug head. How about this?<br /><br />"Knock knock knock. This is the police. We have a warrant to search your house. Again, this is the POLICE, and we are going to SEARCH your HOUSE for DRUGS. I want you to know for sure that we are the POLICE, and that we are going to SEARCH your HOUSE for DRUGS. I hope that we, the POLICE, In our effort to SEARCH your HOUSE for DRUGS, have given you ample time as afforded under your constitutional rights to be aware of our presence and intention to SEARCH your HOUSE for DRUGS. Please dont flush the drugs down the toliet while we are giving you this 5 minute explanation of why we are here, which is to search your HOUSE for DRUGS. Ok, can we come in now?"<br /><br />I dont get it. If they said they had a warrant,and announced themselves as the police, how is that any kind of violation of his rights?
Yuo are dead right,CPJ. But that is my ENTIRE point of posting my jubilation. The evidence stands, The mutants will still do their time, and the cops get to study this one for future use. They pushed the envelope, but in the end, right prevailed, wrong lost. And money and one tumble-dried glove (read OJ Simpon) did not infuence a living soul, except denfense attournies who lost. :D <br />
Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /> activist judges.....
I am looking forward to hearing this from you at every opertunity,Scott. It is music to my ears ,now that it is comming form the opposite direction. ;)
 

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Joined
May 29, 2004
Messages
4,856
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

Originally posted by 12Feetz:<br />...the begining of sane rulings from the bench -- as opposed to liberally legislating from it... [/QB]
"Sane rulings" or "liberally legislating" - re-writing law is re-writing law, liberal or conservative. You're playing semantics. If it walks like a duck...you get the picture.
 

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 25, 2001
Messages
8,217
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br /> "Sane rulings" or "liberally legislating" - re-writing law is re-writing law, liberal or conservative. You're playing semantics. If it walks like a duck...you get the picture.
Semantics? No. I am rubbing noses in it, (i hope).<br />You still aren't getting it...They did not re-write any laws, or change the cops' guilt or innocense. The cops did not do it "by the book", yet the mutant still gets his drugs/guns placed upon the evidence table,and was judged upon it.Aint that wonerful?<br />Not that legislating from the bench is suddenly a different thing now that conservatives are on the bench. They have NOT done so yet, but i thank God that the particular potential exists there also. It would not shock me if Rowe/v/Wade was struck-down. That would be poetic justice,as well as overdue justice to a conservative. And for such gain, I might personaly overlook "legislation from the bench".Just keep this in perspective tho. At least, this court did it WITHOUT basterdizing laws.
 

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
May 18, 2004
Messages
603
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

Originally posted by 12Feetz:<br />
Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /> activist judges.....
I am looking forward to hearing this from you at every opertunity,Scott. It is music to my ears ,now that it is comming form the opposite direction. ;)
Well then that makes me smile EXTRA big because it was a dig at all the people who use that lame copout every time they don't like a ruling.<br /><br />In other words, the jokes on you.<br />
jesus.jpg
 

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 25, 2001
Messages
8,217
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /> Well then that makes me smile EXTRA big because it was a dig at all the people who use that lame copout every time they don't like a ruling.<br /><br />In other words, the jokes on you.<br />
But now, after 30+years of political correctness, I get to hear YOU say it about rulings, instead of Rush Limbaugh. This is better then a joke. :D
 

PW2

Commander
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
2,719
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

12 feetz, I have had an epiphany! You have turned me around!<br /><br />Unlimited an unchecked police power is a great thing! If it was good enough for Hitler in the 30's why not good for America?<br /><br />Hitler too had the best interests of at least some of the citizens, as well as the society, at heart.
 

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 25, 2001
Messages
8,217
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

Still not getting it, PW. Unlike the liberal cowboys who ran their court like an unharnessed *****house, we now have a body that rules upon the law, and CONTROLS those litigious monsters that would throw the baby out with the bath water. Your comparisons of conservative majority on the bench to Hitler are not lost on me. They were expected from you. I can only shake my head, because you're one lost soul, with very little hope. So stand tall as I am dead-set in comparing you to Bendict Arnold, or say, Stalin or Marx....<br />"just a working society in which all give according to their means and take according to their needs", eh comrad? "gonna take down this nation withoout firing a shot", eh, Kruschev?<br />You must now deal with it ("it" being this first taste of what morals have suffered these past thirty-plus years) as best you can.<br />Besides, -- Even though Hitler DID have some adsmireable traits, he killed millions of innocent people, and led his own country to the brink of ruin. It's hard for me to make the leap in understanding your now-cliche' comparison but i'm trying.
 

Skinnywater

Commander
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
2,065
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

Gimme a break Skinnywater. They had a WARRANT! <br />
You're right Boom. The link didn't allow me to read the entire story without registering. If the police are making rightious busts by playing by the rules, I'm in on that completely.<br /><br />Please excuse my reaction, I've been very wary lately of the accelorated pace the Constitution is being challenged or ignored.
 

treedancer

Commander
Joined
Apr 10, 2005
Messages
2,216
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

Sorry PW im afraid that you are wrong in comparing the current Supreme Court ruling to Nazism, I believe it is closer to Fascism.. Here are some of my reasons<br /><br /> "Fascism may be defined as a form of political behavior marked by obsessive preoccupation with community decline, humiliation, or victim-hood and by compensatory cults of unity, energy, and purity, in which a mass-based party of committed nationalist militants, working in uneasyan but effective collaboration with traditional elites, abandons democratic liberties and pursues with redemptive violence and without ethical or legal restraints goals of internal cleansing and external expansion." (Anatomy of Fascism, p 218) <br /> <br /><br /> As a matter of fact I believe that I can narrow it down even further, it just could be closer to Italian Fascist, it seems that they were known for there style of uniform incorporating a black shirt.(Lobbyist’Black Hat) they have Evolved.) ;) <br /> <br /> Nazism differed from Italian Fascism in the emphasis on the state's purpose in serving its national ideal on the basis of a national race, specifically of culture to the ends of the greatest possible prosperity for German race at the expense of all else and all others. This group of thugs only want to enrich their cronies, and themselves, at the expense of the middle class.<br /><br /> Italian Fascism is considered a model for other forms of fascism, yet there is disagreement over which aspects of structure, tactics, culture, and ideology represent a "fascist minimum" or core. <br /> The Blackshirts were organized by Benito Mussolini due to what he Perceived as corruption and apathy of the liberal Italian government. Originally envisioned as reformers, their methods became harsher as Mussolini's power grew, and they used violence, intimidation, and warrentless search and seizures ,as well as murder against Mussolini's opponents. One of their distinctive techniques was force-feeding castor oil. Starting to sound familiar? We have not been force fed castor oil lately only kool-aid<br /><br /> I believe that the closer you look at the thinking of the current corrupt administration, you start to see the similarities to the “blackshirts” after all they are not considering the elimination of a whole class of people, just the middle class.
 

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jun 29, 2004
Messages
10,645
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

Yep, score one for the jackbooted thugs! ;) ....JK
 

Texashotdog

Seaman
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
61
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

Scares the boots off me. What happens if they come to my house (wrong house, it has happened before) and I hear them and as they break in I pop a couple of the with my 9 MM before I start shooting with the 12 gauge.<br /><br />Now we got dead cops and me the innocent citizen is either prosecuted, killed (along with my family) or at least have dead cops on my conscious for a life time.<br /><br />They have a warrant knock and id and id and knock, the risk is too great as is the liberty to give up.<br /><br />Conservative judge or liberal judge, bad law is just bad law.
 

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Joined
Oct 12, 2003
Messages
5,031
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

Come on hotdog, I could see that happening as the police knock down your door screaming SEARCH WARRANT, POLICE. My first thought would be to grab my 12 gauge and start shooting indiscrimanately. <br /><br />Deadly force should be your last resort not the first. Rule #1 is know what you are shooting at before you shoot.<br /><br />As a warrant was legally obtained to seach the premises, the manner of execution of said warrant seems more like courtesy than some kind of right. They, the court, by granting the search warrant are putting aside your rights before the police even arrive. Also the opportunity for civil recourse remained intact. With the mindset of todays litigous society I would think it would be a windfall if a search warrant be wrongfully executed on one's home. There alone is a deterent to abuses of the search warrant.<br /><br />The safety of our police, those who put their lives on the line for our freedoms (some here define them as jackbooted thugs even though some of them are contributing members here), would be my first concern, as significant proof had to be provided to obtain the search warrant in the first place. Can bizzare things happen, sure, but I think that the police should have to look after their safety first when evaluating any and all situations.
 

Texashotdog

Seaman
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
61
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

Pointer, you said:<br /><br /> The safety of our police, those who put their lives on the line for our freedoms (some here define them as jackbooted thugs), would be my first concern<br /><br />The first concern is, should be, and always will be, under our constitution to protect the rights of the citizens. I think this is where many who claim to be conservative to get off base.<br /><br />I am conservative and believe in the rights of the constitution and despise those who would prefer to take them from me. That means I want my guns, I do not want my phone tapped, I do not want the government spying on me and I do not want my door knocked down because someone thinks they do not need to follow the law.<br /><br />We have laws requiring knocks, warrants, and other procedures to protect the citizens. I do not want the criminals getting off either but I will not give up any rights that might be abused. We have a great Constitution, we just need to live by it.
 

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Joined
Feb 24, 2002
Messages
5,751
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

Treedancer,you are eerily right.It also fits right in with the fact that many in this administration are disciples of Leo Strauss.
 

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Joined
Oct 12, 2003
Messages
5,031
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

Ok, show me in the constitution where knock warrants are outlined, I guess I need to brush up. Warrants are part of law enforcemnt, methods of their execution are arrived at in the same process that the SUPREME court arrived at this decision with. Consistant with the constitution. The courts define the law, the constitution outlines what should be fairly obvious rights afforded everyone and serves as on operation manual for government structure. The court had ruled in this case. It didn't even modify the law, just made the evidence admissable.<br /><br />Glad to hear you are a conservative, so am I. I like my guns just as much as you. In fact your rights under the constitution regarding guns are under far greater attack than your rights regarding this case. But one really has nothing to do with the other. With rights comes responsibility, and how, where and why you use your guns is your responsiblity. This case also doesn't have anything to do with warrantless search's, phone taps, reading peoples mail, etc. It has to do with how warrants are executed and the validity of evidence acquired during the search. But it is always fun to learn about facists and Nazi's. I get more history here than any other source. ;) <br /><br />BTW in the future if you are going to C and P my statements it would be only right if you at least run to the end of a sentence. That would be the polite and accurate way to do it.
 

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jun 29, 2004
Messages
10,645
Re: Judicial appointee victories 2 months ago pay off!

FYI, I only refer to those who would enter my home uninvited & unannounced as "jackbooted thugs".....<br />I don't feel as though I should have to spend the rest of my life in jail because I killed a police officer who entered my home unannounced.....<br />I swear "W" & Co. has custom made rolls of toilet paper with the Constitution & Bill of Rights on them.....<br /> :mad: :mad: :mad: <br />Not all laws are good or smart or even necessary just because they are laws..........JK
 
Top