Judge Rules

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: Judge Rules

It's always society's business when somebody is about to be robbed of their life, liberty or pursuit of happiness. It says so right in the constitution. <br /><br />It was the business of every German citizen in the 30s and 40s too. But they looked the other way with disastrous results.<br /><br />Few people are in Terri's situation. When there is one, then they need the same rights afforded ANYONE accused of a crime.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

So what you're saying is that EVERY SINGLE LIFE/DEATH decision should be Majority Rule? Lunacy!

Ralph 123

Captain

By a jury. Why you wanna make the decisions? That's not lunacy? Want your life decided by one person? That of your children? Your parents? No I think not.<br /><br />Every life and death decision made by state for guilty is made by a JURY - 12 people you know, like the law says. The innocent should be put to death by the say-so of one man? What a brilliant idea!

Bondo

Staff member

Ralph,... I'm not calling You or anybody else a liberal...<br />But,.. It IS the Favorite Tactic of the liberals.........
The names have changed, But,.. the tactics are the Same..............
This is How I Feel about this whole thing........<br />It SHOULD have been OVER 10 Years ago........And,.. It Would have been, If the Media,+ Neo-Cons hadn't picked this issue to run with it.....<br />
quote:<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bondo, Do you want someone deciding for you what your "quality of life" is? <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br /> Yes I Do .................<br /><br />If I were in the Same position as this girl, I Want Somebody to PULL THE PLUG,.. Shoot Me,.. Anything.. Just Get It Over ...........<br /><br />The way I see it,.....<br />The Doctors are getting Rich off this......<br />The Hospital is Raking in the Ca$h........<br />The Media is Swimming in the Ca$h they're Raking in over this,.........<br /><br />Mom, Dad,+ the Hubby are Going Broke paying for it.. OR ,.. If the State is paying, It's Driving Up the health care Co$t$ of Everybody Else..............<br /><br />Personally,.... I Believe that Modern Medicine has just Gone Too Far, trying to keep Dead People Alive ............
This was c&p from My previous post about this Issue...........<br /><br />I'll even go 1 step Farther,.................<br /><br />I Truly Believe that a Person Should be able to Die with Dignity............<br />Rather than turned into a Guinea Pig,+ Kept alive Well After All Hope is Gone .......................

Ralph 123

Captain

It's all relative Bondo. You're wishes are not necessarily her wishes and her wishes and condition are ultimately in dispute. I do not want one judge with an agenda starving her to death without the due process we afford criminals.<br /><br />It didn't end 10 years ago because the facts are ultimately in dispute. The blood relatives say one thing and her "husband" says another.<br /><br />Funny how he wanted her to die the minute he got the money and she started to talk.<br /><br />Why did he prevent the release of her medical reports to her parents? <br /><br />Why did those reports show old broken bones? Where did they come from? <br /><br />Why did the DA say it looked like attempted murder but he couldn't investigate because the statute of limitations were up?<br /><br />Why does a physician nominated for a Nobel Prize for his work in this area say she is not PVS and can recover? Why was he ignored?<br /><br />Like I said, who cares, she's a vegetable, let's starve her to death!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

And that's the reason that the lawyers for the parents have went to the 11th. court of whatever in Atlanta, to get to a more "conservative" judge.<br /><br />That's a quote from msnbc. I know nothing.

Ralph 123

Captain

MSNBC - you mean Pravda America? The 11th has jurisdiction it's not like you get to choose where you go.<br /><br />I just can't get over the number of people who want this woman dead knowing the facts are in such dispute from her wishes to her condition. It's shocking....