Johnson GT 200 identification help needed.

CheckmateEnticer

Seaman Apprentice
I bought an old Looper as a parts motor and the tag on the clamp is either missing or painted over. Where can I find another number identifying the year and model of this motor? Any other clues to look for to narrow it down?

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: Johnson GT 200 identification help needed.

Paint schemes were used for only one year, never duplicated any following years. Show picture of the hood at various angles and some member will ID it I'm sure.

Also might be a quarter size core plug on the powerhead with the model number.... top center portion of exhaust baffle between the cylinder heads.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

If you find that #, be sure to post it back here.

CheckmateEnticer

Seaman Apprentice

The number on the plug is missing as well. I'm beginning to wonder if this thing is stolen. LOL. The entire motor is painted solid blue so I can't get a hood pic either. What year were the V6 carbed Loopers made and where any parts besids the hood unique from year to year?

175se

Petty Officer 1st Class

1986-2001, twin power packs 86-87, if you look at the way the stator & pack hook up with a pic maybe could narrow it down a little better. Those motors are pretty close in everything, maybe a body# off a carb, or off the pack,thats all ive got.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Take the hood off and post some good pics of the motor.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Need pic's as 86-87 where 2.7L, 88-91 where 3.0L and 86-92 areopen deck blocks,93 up are closed deck blocks, depending on year have finger ports, 86-87 are bridgeport, some have idle relief port,some have restrictive air box, etc... need a pic and head pulled..

CheckmateEnticer

Seaman Apprentice

I will get some pics and part numbers today. It does have twin power packs. I'm having trouble getting the heads off. All the bolts are either removed or broken off and the heads won't budge. Thanks.