FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My auncle used to work for evinrude and he says the only differnce beetween the 25 hp and the 35 hp is the reed plate. I beleive the carb is the same. Find a 35 hp reed plate and put it on and your 25 and it will really be a 35. Check ebay for the reed plate.
I am not sure about the 25/35 carb swap, but on any other conversion it takes a lot more than a carb swap to increase horse power. What's wrong with the orginal carb, does it not operate porperly?
I am not sure about the 25/35 carb swap, but on any other conversion it takes a lot more than a carb swap to increase horse power. What's wrong with the orginal carb, does it not operate porperly?
I don't think you could increase the the horsepower by 10 horses on that engine no mater what you did. If you could I would wounder about the drive shaft and the lower unit, how would they hold up?