FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have an 87 Johnson 70hp. I really do not know how to properly drain, fill this fluid and the correct vs what can be used oil in the resevoir?? I have tried searching around the net and have not found diagrams/info much on this subject.
I have never heard of anyone draining the T&T fluid. Just add T&T fluid (sold at any boat store and walmarts.) if it gets low, there is a fill plug screw, usually on the right side.
its just that on the trim stage it kinda gurgles till it hits the tilt stage, then it goes up good. I filled it once to what i thought was a level, and the motor would not do anything at this point.