Seasprite71
Recruit
Thread starter- Joined
- May 5, 2009
- Messages
- 1
I recently purchased a 1971 Seasprite with a 1972 Johnson 50 hp electric shift. Long story short purchased boat last owner said he would bring me the complete lower unit I recieved a 500 piece outdrive puzzle. The prvious owner said last time he used the boat he put the motor into reverse and it got stuck in reverse he played with it and got it back into foreward so he took the boat home pulled the outdrive and took it apart. Here comes my question I found a 1972 50 Hp Johnson for sale with a bad piston can I use this outdrive and put my electric shift mech in it or can I put my power head on this motor and convert to an electric shift the motors look the same but I didnt know what problems there may be any help would be greatly appreciated Keith
The other motor is a cable shift and outdrive is good
The other motor is a cable shift and outdrive is good