johnson 40 some wont start and what is the year

14ft1969falcon

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
5
Hi.. ones again I need your help.. <br />I have the starter rebuilt.. now it works.. but engine wont start.. it keep spinning.. and lot of gas is coming out of the carburator.. I think I need a peace in there.. like a filter or something I went to the store and they need to year.. here is the model : 40555 c and the <br />serial is : J0004737<br /><br />Thanks in advance.
 

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jan 23, 2002
Messages
11,195
Re: johnson 40 some wont start and what is the year

That's a 1975 model in case you did not find it. Sounds like a stuck float in the carb. I would disassemble, clean it and use a rebuild kit. Parts can be had at your dealer or online at some of these links.<br /><br /> outboardparts.com <br /><br /> www.maxrules.com
 

14ft1969falcon

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
5
Re: johnson 40 some wont start and what is the year

Great.. I really apreciate your comments.. <br />to bad is Dinner time.. I guess tomorrow morning.. I let you guys know how it went.. <br /><br />Regards.. :D
 

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Mar 25, 2001
Messages
45,907
Re: johnson 40 some wont start and what is the year

Model 40555c is not a Johnson engine.<br /><br />It must be an Evinrude with a Johnson bonnet on it.<br /><br />Try http://www.marinshopen.se/guide/guide.htm Look up Evinrude model 40555.<br /><br />The site is not rresponding right now.
 

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jan 23, 2002
Messages
11,195
Re: johnson 40 some wont start and what is the year

Yeah, it is an Evinrude, of course. Forgot to mention that before...
 

14ft1969falcon

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
5
Re: johnson 40 some wont start and what is the year

Yeah you guys are right.. it is a Evinrude..<br />Thanks for the follow up.. by the way.. I heading to the store to pickup the carburator kit.. and the book for that engine..<br /><br />Thanks..
 
Top