FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
No. It is a small hole underneath the engine housing. On the starboard side I believe. It is very visible when the engine is running so that you can verify water is pumping. <br />If the motor starts & you don't see the stream, the hole is clogged or the water pump isn't working. In any event I wouldn't run the motor until the problem is fixed or you risk overheating & damage.<br />The hole below the waterline is an exhaust outlet. Water probably comes out there too.<br />The screened holes above & below the cavitation plate are the water intakes. Because of their configuration, I've only run the motor in water. Not on flush muffs.
I checked on my outboard the telltall is in the center rear underneath the engine. It angles to starboard so that you can see it.<br />The exhaust port a few inches down from the powerhead is a relief exhaust when the engine idles or at low speeds. It usually spits a little water, especially at idle.<br />Be sure the water intakes are below the water.<br />The last time I replaced the impellor, the kit had instructions. It wasn't that hard to do.
Thanks for the info, no water is coming out at all, im going to change the impellor, is this a common thing to go, also if it is a blockage were should i check first?
I never had the impellor go out, but I'm sure they do. I have replaced it a few times. That sounds like a good place to start.<br />I also had some sort of blockage once that a mechanic fixed. I'm not sure what he did, but it didn't cost much. He said water passages were blocked.<br />Bugs sometimes crawl inside passages & build nests, but they are so small on this motor that I never saw that happen or think that was my problem.<br />I've always liked the motor & it has generally performed well. It has never left me stranded.