Johnson 150/175 carb saw

Mclintock

Cadet
I have these carbs on my boat I just bought it has a 85 Johnson 150. Is this wrong size carbs or will it work as of now she don’t want to run right hard start.

Attachments

• 6489719D-074A-4FEB-90A2-32B14E8A9466.jpeg
    6489719D-074A-4FEB-90A2-32B14E8A9466.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
A Genuine OMC Service Manual, might have the Specs. Have you looked in any Parts Lists?

But... Why are you concerned about whether the Carbs are the correct Size?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Carburetor has nothing to do with starting.----Are you pushing in the key in while cranking it over ?-----The electric primer valve puts fuel directly into the intake air.----This fuel bypasses the metering circuits of the carburetors.

Mclintock

Cadet
Boat will not start it just turns over and over. Now something else went out because when I turn key nothing happens no click nothing.

Mclintock

Cadet
Carburetor has nothing to do with starting.----Are you pushing in the key in while cranking it over ?-----The electric primer valve puts fuel directly into the intake air.----This fuel bypasses the metering circuits of the carburetors.
Yes I turn key push in for 10 seconds and choke it and it will fire sometimes but not right after. Now something else has went out because now I turn key nothing happens. No click nothing. I can bump selenoid and it turns over.

Mclintock

Cadet
Yes I turn key push in for 10 seconds and choke it and it will fire sometimes but not right after. Now something else has went out because now I turn key nothing happens. No click nothing. I can bump selenoid and it turns over.
Am I supposed to be holding key all the way in while starting or just to choke?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
When you push the key in ( not cranking ) the electric primer valve opens.----And it does nothing if there is no fuel pressure to it.-----So when motor is cranking the fuel pump puts pressure to it.-----Fuel from primer valve then sprays directly into the intake air flow.-----Very simple unit first installed in about 1980.-----Stayed the same for 35 years.-----Used on motors from 9.9 to 300 HP.----Far better than choke flappers.-----And did you check for a blown fuse when there was no " click " from motor ?

saltchuckmatt

Commander
Yes, check fuse located near starter solenoid. Rubber boot it in.

If it's good probably bad or corroded wires.

Always wondered what the "GT" stood for?

Mclintock

Cadet
When you push the key in ( not cranking ) the electric primer valve opens.----And it does nothing if there is no fuel pressure to it.-----So when motor is cranking the fuel pump puts pressure to it.-----Fuel from primer valve then sprays directly into the intake air flow.-----Very simple unit first installed in about 1980.-----Stayed the same for 35 years.-----Used on motors from 9.9 to 300 HP.----Far better than choke flappers.-----And did you check for a blown fuse when there was no " click " from motor ?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
So it is back to cranking but not firing? If so, spray some 50::1 fuel into the carb throats and see if it will run for a second or so.