Job of Dread

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Well, at the insistance of the Warden, I put up the Christmas tree today. Not that I don't like Christmas, but putting up that tree is not pleasant. I tried putting it up one year when full of "cheer" but that didn't go too well. Now the "cheer" is prohibited on erection day until the tree is up. Who else has their's up, Christmas tree that is.

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: Job of Dread

BB,<br /><br />We don't put up a tree. We have a Menorah, and light the candles, but other than that we don't have any Christmas decorations. I might put some lights on my little popcorn tree out back. Haven't made up my mind yet on that.

gonfishn

Commander

Just two questions here and I quote from above..<br /><br />What is an erection day and who gots theirs up?????<br /><br />I could go on here about how big is your tree and how far will it reach once decorated....hmm Ok I will stop but BB started it..<br /><br /><br /> :D

youngboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

We don't put up a tree. We have a Menorah, and light the candles, but other than that we don't have any Christmas decorations. I might put some lights on my little popcorn tree out back. Haven't made up my mind yet on that.
I have the same as you SW. Is your Menorah electric or real candles? I use both.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Don't do a tree since the kids moved-out. We gave them the hierloom ornaments for thier trees.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I don't put one up either.We do have a hannukkia (hannuka menhora)with real candles.My son would love to have a hanukka bush, but I don't think there will be one.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Up until last year, we would have a family outing to the tree farms to choose and cut down our own tree. Was a lot of fun, but more work than putting up an artificial tree. <br /><br />Last year we decided to buy a really nice artificial tree with the lights pre-wired into the branches. It is kinda cool because it has different color, length and texture needles. Comes in 3 pieces, two of which open like umbrellas. <br /><br />Advantages are it can be put up sooner, taken down later and is not as big a fire hazard as a real tree. All you have to do is put on the decorations. And the carpet does not get needles imbedded, and it's safer for our toddler.<br /><br />Still miss the real tree, and the afternoon trip to get one, but this artificial tree sure makes life easier.<br /><br />Mark.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I got out of the whole decorating thing this year.<br /> I am going to venezuela :) :) .<br /> tarpon fishing in Rio Chico and 2 weeks on margarita island.<br /> thanks to all the customer neglect, I am taking 30 days vacation in venezuela. well that and my fiance lives there :) <br /> anybody know what kind of lures(other than cash) I should take ?

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

going up to the shack this weekend and bringin' the chain saw with to topple a few for the family.<br /><br />what's this??.. decorating the tree with-out a kettle full of grog?!?<br /><br />oh my .. theres two ways to spell Christmas around here ...<br /><br />1. Christmas *obviously*<br /><br />2. XX-mas .. two x's represent our eyes after decorating the tree with our friends the Christian Brothers.. <br />..<br />...<br />....<br />..... Christian Brothers Brandy that is.. :D

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

rod bolt -- I understand Trojan makes good lures these days :p :D

FLATHEAD

Captain

Your killing me Rodbolt,, Only if I could do that over the holidays.. <br /><br />As far as the tree,,,,,, Yep it's up, the wife does it because I have a strong dislike for the thing!! If it were up to me I would toss it out to the junk man decorations and all.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Learned new lesson already. Christmas trees and kittens should be mutually exclusive. Tree is just too enticing.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by gonfishn:<br /> Just two questions here and I quote from above..<br /><br />What is an erection day and who gots theirs up?????<br /><br />I could go on here about how big is your tree and how far will it reach once decorated....hmm Ok I will stop but BB started it..<br /><br /><br /> :D
Your killing me Musky!!<br />ROFL!!!!! :D <br /> :D <br />
36_1_19.gif

one more cast

Captain

We usually wait until it snows about 2 feet(thats when the spirit hits) and then decide to go get a real tree. We will put it up a couple weeks or so before Christmas while listening to Christmas music and drinking rum and egg nog. I love the smell of fresh cut balsam.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

My wife brought home the new artificial tree. It had three problems. Made in china, some assembly required and no instructions on how to put the thing together. After three hours we finally got the thing up. It has been almost a week and we are finally starting to speak to one another again. I think building a deck is easier. I hate the honey do lists.

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

originally posted by youngboater:
I have the same as you SW. Is your Menorah electric or real candles? I use both.
We use real candles. We decided a few years back that the whole Christmas thing had gotten way outta hand. Not what Christmas is all about... I applaud all that want to throw that tree out! We need to get back to what it's about.....and it aint trees and decorations. IMHO :rolleyes:

Link

Rear Admiral

Haven't had a tree for the past 25 years. <br />Well one year Mrs.Link decorated a plant once :) <br />We always go to her or my relatives and they have one.<br />Haven't had a kitchen table for 20 years either. But thats another story

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

ours goes up this weekend. always real, usually a balsam 'cause the species has a great aroma. <br /><br />love lighting that sucker up come spring. makes a great base for the spring brush pile fire.....ignites very fast.