Jen E. Dawg Needs a Thought & Prayer

scrapper

Ensign
Re: Jen E. Dawg Needs a Thought & Prayer

best of wishes for a speedy recovery to you best friend Jenny EF

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

ef.<br /><br />your vet is correct. Dogs have a built in mechanism to help them through this. When I was growing up we had a small dog that got bit by copperheads every month it seemed. Head would swell up, etc. Vet finally told us to stop taking him in because he would be fine.<br /><br />my neighbor has Chesapeake Bay retrievers. One of them has been bit by rattlesnakes that live in the sand dunes in Galveston. His head swole up like a basketball. Gave him some benedryll and he was fine after a few days.<br /><br />Good luck for your beautiful shepherd. I'm sure ole' Jen will be fine (and I surely hope so). As a dog owner my self (2 labs-mine 3 yorkies-wifes).

QC

Supreme Mariner

My well wishes too. Dogs sure are amazing and resilient. As others have said, beautiful dog!

Fishin' Jeff

Chief Petty Officer

My thoughts and prayers go out for you and Jenny. ef<br /><br />I've always admired your signature and have wondered what kind of dog has you for a friend and master. Sorry I had to learn of it this way, but really sending positive thoughts your way.<br /><br />She's a beautiful girl!

bootle

Lieutenant Junior Grade

ef whats the situation with jenny? update please.

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

Bad deal. Hope your pup pulls through ef. :( I hate that helpless feeling you get when your dog's hurt. Keep an eye on the bite for infections, especially if she can't lick it.<br /><br />Nasty devils, copperheads. Haven't seen one around this part of MS in years. Hope I never do again.<br /><br /><br />spots

ehenry

Commander

She came out of the bushes at some point lastnight between 10 oclock and this morning and made it to the back porch where her bed is. It looks like the swelling in her head may be going down some, but her leg and chest are still swollen bad. When I left for work this morning she was licking on her leg I guess where the snake got her. She's still not taking any food but still drinking water. <br /><br />Next report @ noon when Kyle gets home from school.

LadyFish

Admiral

Glad to hear she's up and moving around a bit ef. She may just pull out of this just fine afterall. <br /><br />Fingers and toes crossed here. :)

heycods

Captain

I think shes got it whipped, needs a little time to get over it. She will wind up with a little bald spot where she was bit, but that about all. Wach close for infect and everthing will be ok.

Ron G

Commander

Im glad to here that too,best wishes for a speedy recover.

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Glad to hear she's moving around. Sounds like you have a real guard dog there.

ehenry

Commander

I hope she's got it whipped...just so yall will know a little history. I got her when she was about 9 weeks old. Got her from an old dude I bought some top soil from when I built my house.<br /><br />She was one of the last two of the litter. The old dude tried to give me both pups but didn't really want two dogs at the time. Only reason I picked Jenny was she was the one that came out from under the old shop table they were under. The other one stayed under the table and cried. Jenny has been with us for 7 years now. Her mamma was solid white and her daddy was a black and tan.

ehenry

Commander

New report.....Kyle called....She felt good enough to bark at her arch enemy that lives down the road when he made a pass though the place. Kyle called and said he heard her barkin. He said he looked out the window and Jenny was layin in her bed on the porch barkin at Rocky as he was passing through. She generally beats up on Rocky everytime he comes through. This time he only had to wear a barkin at instead of a butt whoopin.

QC

Supreme Mariner

She'll just have to give him a double portion when she's 100% :D

scrapper

Ensign

:D Glad to hear it , She s one tuff ol girl , Good for her!!!!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Sounds as though her spirit is on the mend, the body can't be far behind. Glad to hear it for your family’s sake. :D :D

ehenry

Commander

All is well, she was laid out in the yard wallerin in something dead that she'd drug up when I got home yesterday. All the swelling in her head looks to be gone. Her leg is still swollen and her chest still has a spot on it. She ate a bowl and a half of food this morning before I left for work. Her bowl is like a Jethro bowland gets two stadium cups of food.<br /><br /><br />She told me this mornin to tell everyone that she appreciated the thoughts and prayers and that if any of yall had any snake fighting that needed to be taken care of....she's yer dawg!!!

ehenry

Commander

All is well, she was laid out in the yard wallerin in something dead that she'd drug up when I got home yesterday. All the swelling in her head looks to be gone. Her leg is still swollen and her chest still has a spot on it. She ate a bowl and a half of food this morning before I left for work. Her bowl is like a Jethro bowland gets two stadium cups of food.<br /><br />She told me this mornin to tell everyone that she appreciated the thoughts and prayers and that if any of yall had any snake fighting that needed to be taken care of....she's yer dawg!!!