I've noticed a trend...

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
Re: I've noticed a trend...

Originally posted by inthesticksnow:<br /><br />What about my point re the delusional and often infuriating middle-of-the-road moderate? Right is a philosophy of self-reliance with reward for pulling up one’s bootstraps and producing, Left is a philosophy of dependency and spreading misery “equally” in order to be “fair”. The Right could survive well without the Left. The Left could not survive at all without the Right (for obvious reasons). <br /><br />What is the Moderate? Same as the left insofar as dependence on the producers… the doers. But worse for lack of spine. The Left sponges (as a can’t make it on your own philosophy) from the doers and producers. The Right does what it always does… it does. But the Moderate sponges from both sides in order to claim superiority over both… without the commitment, sacrifice, or work… <br /><br />Rightly or wrongly, there’s some honor for fighting for what one believes in, and both Right and Left can acknowledge that, and complement a fallen bitter enemy for shear determinism. <br /><br />The Moderate lies in wait… the two sides fight it out… and the Moderate does what he does best… ravages the pockets of the dead when it is at last safe to come out of hiding. [/QB]
You call the middle of the road delusional. Why? Because we can see issues on both sides with equal clarity? Believe it or not, there is a working philosophy that moderation in all things is a plan that works. I don’t classify myself as right, left, or middle; but I do see the value in not taking things to the extreme.<br /><br />If you were to label me as a moderate due to this practice, that’s fine but I would take exception to the description you so conveniently provide. I am most definitely not spineless. Nor am I unwilling to fight for what I believe in, unproductive, in possession of a sense of superiority, or “ravage the pockets of the dead”.<br /><br />There are, undoubtedly, many others like me who work hard, sacrifice, and are all about commitment. We just don't feel we have to wear our hearts on our sleeves to show you what a great job we're doing.<br /><br />So, we either don’t fit your cozy little package or your description is merely an easy way for you to dismiss a very large (read majority) amount of people who are willing to let extremists rant without getting too bent about it. Or does that sound too non-committal for your taste?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

YABUT what about when the brain damaged, psychotic, intellectually lazy name callers are right?<br /><br />To paraphrase Judge Roberts: "If the idiot wins, it is because he is right, not because he is an idiot." :D

txswinner

Banned

You are all a bunch of pukes and dummies, and liberals cause you don't think like conservatives, and hate because you don't love like liberals, heck some of you even might not care if your neighbor is a minority and what is that all about, and oh yeah what is a minority, and liberals want more gov. and laws but conserv. want law against abortion and therefore liberals are baby killers dah duh dah. A few good clear rational thoughts would be great.

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by inthesticksnow:<br />
Originally posted by Skinnywater:<br />
All those on the right… all those on the left… all so wrongheaded.
Close, but no cigar.<br />It's a matter of an identity crisis.<br />The Democrat thinks he's progressive. <br />And the Republican thinks he's conservative. <br /><br />At least the Democrat is consistently left leaning.<br />The Republican can be anywhere right of left, but not quite conservative right.
Well, I’m taking the cigar anyway… the sky is blue and the jack is in the trunk and I haven’t seriously dinged my prop. That answers your point with equal clarity.<br /><br />What about my point re the delusional and often infuriating middle-of-the-road moderate? Right is a philosophy of self-reliance with reward for pulling up one’s bootstraps and producing, Left is a philosophy of dependency and spreading misery “equally” in order to be “fair”. The Right could survive well without the Left. The Left could not survive at all without the Right (for obvious reasons). <br /><br />What is the Moderate? Same as the left insofar as dependence on the producers… the doers. But worse for lack of spine. The Left sponges (as a can’t make it on your own philosophy) from the doers and producers. The Right does what it always does… it does. But the Moderate sponges from both sides in order to claim superiority over both… without the commitment, sacrifice, or work… <br /><br />Rightly or wrongly, there’s some honor for fighting for what one believes in, and both Right and Left can acknowledge that, and complement a fallen bitter enemy for shear determinism. <br /><br />The Moderate lies in wait… the two sides fight it out… and the Moderate does what he does best… ravages the pockets of the dead when it is at last safe to come out of hiding.
:D <br /><br />I independently think,...that you nailed it inthesticksnow! only a conservative could love you after the summary,he,he... ;)

Skinnywater

Commander

You are all a bunch of pukes and dummies, and liberals cause you don't think like conservatives, and hate because you don't love like liberals, heck some of you even might not care if your neighbor is a minority and what is that all about, and oh yeah what is a minority, and liberals want more gov. and laws but conserv. want law against abortion and therefore liberals are baby killers dah duh dah. A few good clear rational thoughts would be great.
txswinner,don't throw a tantrum just because because you can't play with the big boys. :D