I've never wilted

ebbtide176

Commander
"I've never wilted, I've never changed my position"<br /><br />i just had to say- that is what i will always remember hearing from JKerry<br /><br />that was the last bit i was able to attend. my wife ran me out of the room, because i was getting to vociferous, so i relented, and went to the dungeon. that would be the basement, my nice cozy refuge of ill refute. you know, boats, camping gear, hunting goodies, etc...maybe a beer fridge, comfy camp seat, etc.<br /><br />jeez, i still crack up when thinking of that face talking that talk.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant
Re: I've never wilted

I was ticked too...I had to watch in the garage as I was talking to the tv! :D <br /><br />what a crock!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

The question is, how will the great un-washed (that's the very deliberative independant/undecided/moderate, I can't stomach a good politacal bruhaha voter) take his performance. Many of us here can put tonight into context. Were there many voters out there that were seeing/hearing him for the first time?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I think Pres Bush said it clear enough for most people, and repeated for the folks in Rio Linda and Florida--- "You cannot lead, as commander in Chief of armed forces, if you wilt, or change positions in the middle of a conflict". I'm paraphrasing there, but basicaly, that is what he said twice. And that trait of Kerry's in itself, should negate him from even getting the job of Senator, much less commander of all American armed forces...Gawd, that is scarey! (someone who will change decissions on the battlefield and in diplomatic circles).<br /> How he got elected Senator in the first place, I don't know. But then again, this goes far in explaining how Ted Kennedy got in there, from the same part of the country. What do we have up there? A state rife with French immigrants or something?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I think GWB stood his ground well. At least he said terrorists would be given a chance in the legal system. Kerry on the other hand said he wants to kill them. Isn't this wrong? So some may be killed that are actually inocent? Sounds to me Kerry doesn't believe in justice even when it comes to terroists.<br /><br />I still think that the democrats nominated Kerry in the hopes that he looses. This will allow Hillary to run in 2008.

SCO

Lieutenant

My wife gets perturbed when I voice my political sentiments too.

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

I got hollered at too. :rolleyes: I flipped out over some of the statements by Kerry, and threw (thank God it was empty) a 2 litre coke bottle at the TV! :mad: <br /><br />Butch A.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

too bad most people of the US and the world for that matter don't share your opinions."It's hard work", "we're making progress". Those are the only things Bush really said about Iraq. And he kept repeating it. he didn't have a plan, and neither did Kerry, but Bush's decisions are why we are where we're at in Iraq today, not Kerry's indecisions. I find it difficult to figure out how people can claim Bush is better than Kerry at anything, seeing as how Kerry has never had the chance to lead the country. Kinda like comparing a movie you've seen with one you haven't.

oddjob

Commander

gee, I hope W gets us a plan ASAP. <br /><br />Right now were over there killing terrorists, training an Iraqi military and turning the county over to the Iraqis at a stated date. yeah maybe a plan's what we need.<br /><br /> :rolleyes:

SCO

Lieutenant

Well MRScott, it is pretty easy work for Kerry to say "I can do better" or "your efforts have been a collassal failure". I think that if elected that Kerry will floundering like a goldfish in a mud puddle because he does not have strength of conviction. He doesn't have a strong stance, and wants to be led by the Euros. Did you catch that he wants to stop our nuclear development programs? MAybe he thinks that his fairness will be reciprocated by the Koreans. Pretty naive. It is conceivable that one of the only things keeping us from armageddon right now may be the knowledge that Kim jung Ill has that we can easily vaporize his office or capitol. We're the police here. We say "drop your weapons or we'll shoot". We don't say "let's both drop our weapons". In that scenario, we drop ours and they shoot us.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /> too bad most people of the US and the world for that matter don't share your opinions."It's hard work", "we're making progress". Those are the only things Bush really said about Iraq. And he kept repeating it.
He really, really wanted this to sink-in, Scott. It's one of those things the left and the alphabet and foriegn media can't seem to get correct. It frustrates Americans with hopes of winning this thing, because the oposition is opposition, or propaganda designed to weeken coalition progress. They have done an extremely good job of cloaking true progress. The enemy does the rest, by detonating bombs and killing kids outside of newly-opening sewer plants. That act alone should tell you more than Bush or I EVER could....And yet, it doesn't, and so you get a broken record!<br />Just like the "87Billion dollars", WMD, "Passing the global test"--- He had to re-emphasize it over and over again. And what is it you take away from this, Scott???<br />"Those are the only things he said about Iraq. And He kept repeating it".<br />
Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /><br />he didn't have a plan, and neither did Kerry, but Bush's decisions are why we are where we're at in Iraq today, not Kerry's indecisions. I find it difficult to figure out how people can claim Bush is better than Kerry at anything, seeing as how Kerry has never had the chance to lead the country. Kinda like comparing a movie you've seen with one you haven't.
He HAS (not 'had') a plan. He did his best to werk within the world body (UN) using the resolutions. But when France, Germany and other weenie-republics withheld support, he did what was in the interest of the United States. He is president of that country, and not France. He serves us, not them. He had to repaet this several times too, because Kerry talks the talk of "the global community", at the detrament of the country he wants to lead. Conservatives find this trait very strange.<br />Your analogy of seeing one movie and not the other is a very good one, Scott. It begs the question, what would Kerry's movie be like, in comparison to the movie Bush has given us so far, and his new release?<br />My opinion is, we got a preview of the films last night. Kerry's movie promisses he will get France and Germany to take-over in Iraq. This must be one of Lucas' productions, as it's all fantasy. After all, in Bush's first film, ("War Against Terror"), he tried desperately to get these two nations and others, to help us remove the sandman, and install a self-supporting democracy in it's place, but they FLATLY refused, didn't they?<br />I'm just curious as hell how Kerry,in his film, will get these countries to execute a 180degree change in direction, and send troops, police and money into the war-ravaged country. And why would he trust them if they did? Remember Cofi's film? "Oil for food"?<br />Kerry's "preview" did not address this, nor does it appear he has that part werked-out on the story-board yet.<br />As far as the debate went, Kerry talked GW Bush under the table! He is truely a silver-tongued empty suit. Bush was clearly angry in places, in-articulate (as you pointed-out), but he was honest and direct. It's just a shame, that even tho he repeated stuff over and over, some people still didn't hear him. And that allways frustrates me, too, and I repeat myself. So Bush and I share this "fault".

ebbtide176

Commander

i truely hate it that GWB didn't do as well as i think he could've in that debate. its a shame because kerry is just another "i'm in it for me" politician, and bush is a nation builder. but we'll get more innings of this before its over.<br /> :)

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Deleted my own post. I compulsively responded to mrbscott's comment, then I caught myself when I remembered I don't do that.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Lets go to the tape can we gentlemen. According to the debates JFK wants to open up multi-lateral negotiations with Iraq. According to him this is the only way to get out of the 'QUAGMEIR" that is now the war in Iraq. <br /><br />Then he states that the only way to deal with Korea is with Bi-lateral discussions? What about the UN? How can we enter into discussions with anyone without asking permission from France and Germany? And even if they give us permission, will it pass the world test? Is this a flip flop or does he just make this up on the fly?<br /><br />Lets figure out exactly what he means by his actions. He voted for the war and not to fund the troops. Then he accuses the President for sending our troops into harms way without the right equipment. But he is a true leader, as he has stated, then why did he vote against the funding? It was a protest vote! and not intended to deny actual equipment. That is not a message a real leader sends his troops but a message a coward sends to appease his liberal political base. But he is a military mastermind as he has "led troops" during his 90 days in vietnam 35 years ago. <br /><br />Lets apply the Kerry standard to our troops. Get some sand in your eye, purple heart. Get a little sunburn, purple heart. Fall asleep on the toilet and bump your head while at the same time someone throws a grenade within a 40 mile radius and you are back stateside driving a jeep for a general. Not only that you can nominate yourself for as many awards as you want. Then you can give aid and comfort to the enemy and call yourself a patriot. Cool, now you are a liberal war hero!!!! I have had the honor of spending 9 days in a hunting cabin with a couple of congressional medal of honor winners back in 1998. Guess what they never spoke of. Yes, the war, their war medals, and their real injuries. They just walked with a limp and learned to do things with their left hand. These war hero's stupid enough to actually serve their entire tour, and no they didn't negotiate with the enemy, they killed them. That is what a soilder does. Spend any amount of time with these men and you will find what hero's have in common, humility. Hang ten Johnny boy.<br /><br />Back to the tape, I am still waiting for what Kerry would do different in Iraq, than what we are doing now. Would the many terrorist attacks since 9/11 in Bali, Madrid, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Beslan and elsewhere have occurred had the United States focused all of its efforts on Afghanistan? Eh, well, YES. Would Zarqawi still be roaming freely throughout Iraq and the middle east, building his parallel networks? Eh, well, Yes. Would killing Osama at Tora Bora have stopped the Islamist fanatics around the globe? No. It would have been a popoganda coup, but the conspiracy nuts would have said we had him for the past 3 years. Or Karl Rove had him in a storage unit in New Jersey.<br /><br />The Kerry camp now claims he has the support of several european leaders. One problem, if Kerry really is in communication with foreign leaders and discussing changes in American foreign policy under his proposed administration, then he is interfering with the foreign policy of the current administration, which is illegal, but that has never stopped him before. You may not know this but he has a history of doing just that.<br /><br />Then there is the comment about not being responsible enough to have nuclear bunker busters. He would have us let Korea and Iran build nuclear weapons and store them in "bunkers" and leave us with no way to destroy them prior to launching. Yep, a brilliant military mind. <br /><br />It is all so disturbing.

Carl B

Recruit

MRSCOTT said, "how (can)people claim Bush is better than Kerry at anything, seeing as how Kerry has never had the chance to lead the country." Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kerry has a 20 year record in the Senate that demonstrates what his leadership potential is. He has repeatedly voted to cut intelligence, cut funding for our troops and new weapon systems and has voted to bow at the alter of the UN on numerous instances. Is that the Commander in Chief we want fighting our war on terror? He also changes his position to suit the political winds at the time. True leaders have consistent, clear positions/vision despite adversity and the challenges faced on the ground. They don't waiver when the going gets tough, which is why Bush repeatedly mentioned this is hard work. <br /><br />Bush may not be the most articulate President, but I trust him to do what is right for our country. He has strong convictions and is a principled leader. He has the long term vision to win this war. In my mind, the decision on who to vote for is a no brainer. If you want to get the terrorists before they attack us regardless of where they hide, vote for Bush. If you want to be POPULAR in the world, vote for Kerry. I can care less what the rest of the world thinks of us.

Twidget

Commander

Around here, we have an addage..."I can't hear what you are saying for what you are doing". That pretty well sums up my opion of Kerry. What he has done since his return from Viet Nam outweighs what he now 'says'.<br /><br />I had a friend that died recently. He had fought in WWII in the pacific. He had a whole fist full of medals. I had known him for 20 years and he never bragged about his medals. I didn't know of their existence until his obituary. He was a very brave man, but let his example set the tone. He didnt have to constantly remind people of who he was and what he stood for.<br /><br />Oh yeah, as an aside. My mother(the yellow dog democrat) will be voting Republican for the first time in her life this election. She can't stomach Kerry either. :eek: <br /><br />*hops off soap box*

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by ebb:<br /> i truely hate it that GWB didn't do as well as i think he could've in that debate. its a shame because kerry is just another "i'm in it for me" politician, and bush is a nation builder. but we'll get more innings of this before its over.<br /> :)
Don't worry, Ebb. He has Kerry's number now, and he has a few things Kerry cannot even fake---- Honesty, integrity, trust in a higher power than himself, experiance, alegiance to the flag, and the near-total support of the US military forces.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br />Don't worry, Ebb. He has Kerry's number now, and he has a few things Kerry cannot even fake---- Honesty, integrity, trust in a higher power than himself, experiance, alegiance to the flag, and the near-total support of the US military forces. [/QB]
What worries me is that there is a militant fringe in this country that hates Bush for having these qualities we admire. And I believe they are so against tradition and all that we honor that they are capable of anything. One day there will be civil war in this country because these people are rabid One Worlders (anti-American) and very dangerous.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I feel confident in saying that this election will have the greatest amount of voter fraud in history courtesy of the entitlement many liberals feel after the last election.<br /><br />DO NOT UNDER CONDITION REGISTER TO VOTE OR ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS AT THE MALL OR WHEREVER WITH THESE VOTER DRIVE TYPES. <br /><br />The easiest way to initiate voter fraud is with absentee ballots, tell them you don't intend to vote and Kerry could get another vote in your name, without your knowledge. They are obtaining voter lists illegally, and unless they have a deputized person to sanction your forms, they are not valid. Here in Wisconsin you can register at the polls the day of the election, why preregister with these crooks.<br /><br />
An outfit called the "New Voter Project" claims to be nonpartisan but is being bankrolled and staffed by leftists. The organization is already active in Wisconsin and already involved in trouble. Thousands of "voters" registered by this group in the last few weeks have submitted registration forms without the legally required proof of identification. This has forced village and city clerks all over the region to send out notices asking for the information. <br />Virtually none of the forms sent out by the local clerks to the shady registrants have been responded to. The only plausible explanation for that is that the "voters" not only aren’t voters but aren’t real people, either.<br /><br />Here’s the method to the New Voter Project madness. In Wisconsin, you can register to vote at the polls on Election Day. You have to produce identification when you register. But sending in a phony registration in advance puts you on the voter list before the election. Already-registered voters don’t have to show any identification. By putting perhaps thousands of fake names on the voter lists, it will be possible for fraudsters to show up at the polls and simply claim to be the person who was already "registered."<br /><br />One former employee of the New Voter Project has told me that many staffers simply took names out of the telephone book to fill out their daily quotas. He quit his job in fear there’d be a criminal investigation.<br /><br />Now, the New Voter Project is turning in thousands of dubious voter registration forms and the organization is run by a woman who has already been linked to election fraud. Bush better get 52 percent of the actual vote in Wisconsin because at least 2 percent of the Kerry vote is going to come from cheaters.<br /><br /><br />This may be the election in which voter fraud plays such a decisive role that it can no longer be ignored or tolerated. If President Bush doesn't win easily, Democratic fraud will either swing the election to Kerry, or, at a minimum, provide the basis for endless legal challenges to the election's outcome. It has been reported in the mainstream press that the Kerry campaign has already prepared lawsuits in 10 to 15 states, ready to file in the event Kerry loses. Indeed, lawsuits have already been started in some states. <br /><br />Before long, the issue of election fraud will have to be addressed. The Democrats have consistently blocked efforts at reform, but the reality is that neither the Republican Party nor anyone else has made adequate efforts to assure the integrity of the ballot.<br /><br />UPDATE: A Wisconsin blogger named Sandi is working on this story. She points out that first-time voters in Wisconsin who registered by mail are supposed to present some kind of documentation to identify themselves before they vote. At the same time, a "voter" who has no identification of any kind can submit a "provisional ballot," which sounds like an invitation to politicized litigation. Sandi writes:<br /><br />There are thousands of registrations being filed daily, and the Dems are up to no good as usual. <br />Back in August Kevin Kennedy, executive director of the Wisconsin Elections Board, said he took calls Monday August 30th from irate clerks across the state who are having trouble handling the flood of incomplete applications from the New Voter Project and other groups.<br /><br />

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I't funny you should mention cival war, Dogsdad.<br />I also believe this will happen someday soon. We just can't keep backing-off from assaults on persoanl freedom, degradation of our educational systems, and law writing from the bench.<br />When we make that stand, the fight will be on.<br />I'm ready to go now, and I'm guessing many others are too.