I've never wilted

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: I've never wilted

What concerns me reading this and the fifty+ other threads where the same sentiments are written by the same people is that know you have the benefit of Hindsight you dont acknowledge that things could have been done in a different way with better outcomes. Im sure if Bush had his time again with what he knows now he would have changed the way he;s done things, might well still have invaded but done things differently. <br /><br />Nobody is right 100% of the time. What concerns me is that a) We went to war based on the best intelligence at the time. This subsequently turned out to be less than reliable so we need to improve our intelligence gathering, how do we do that. b) Having thought that once Sadam was gone we would be welcomed with open arms and this hasnt happened how do we leave a stable middle east the minimum loss of our troops life.<br /><br />Lastly Im sure if Kerry gets in you wont be invaded by the French and overrun by terrorists and if Bush stays in Im sure he will learn from mistakes hes made and continue doing the best for America.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: I've never wilted

Here's some more. How much you want to bet this is happening in your state?<br /><br />
Election fraud is running rampant<br /><br />The untold story <br /><br />The motto of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel ought to be: “Hear No Liberal Evil, See No Liberal Evil.” I suppose I could add: “Invent Conservative Evil” but that would be another column. This one is about how the local daily newspaper and, for that matter, the rest of the local media is ignoring the blatant election fraud going on in southeastern Wisconsin. <br />Corrupt organizations are being caught red-handed violating election laws and procedures, yet local news media are oblivious. The Journal Sentinel did last Wednesday report belatedly and tepidly on a criminal investigation underway in Racine County into an organization called “Project Vote.” Numerous new registrations in that county are coming in from individuals already on the voter rolls. Many of those people have stepped forward to say they have no knowledge of the new registrations. Project Vote has even fired its Racine coordinator. But the Journal Sentinel story didn’t appear until three days after the story was broken by the Racine Journal Times. <br />The Journal Sentinel has also continued to ignore my reporting about the antics of the “New Voters Project,” an organization that has sent in thousands (yes, thousands) of dubious registration forms that lack legally required identification. The paper has not reported that the organization’s executive director, Jessy Tolkan, has a history of election fraud dating back to allegations she lied on nominating papers about her legal residence when running for the Madison City Council, charges Tolkan did not contest when she agreed to give up her council seat. <br />The J-S has also failed to report on allegations that employees of the New Voters Project copied names and addresses out of the phone book. Nor has the paper reported that several individuals and companies listed on the organization’s web site as “endorsers” say their names were used without their permission and that they never agreed to endorse the effort. <br />While I’m picking on the Journal Sentinel, no local television stations have reported on any of this either, nor has my own radio station’s news department (in fact WISN-AM reporter Jason Fischer was on the group’s website as an “endorser” although he has denied ever giving permission for his name to be used).<br />Why this media blackout? Well, imagine if all this had a little twist. Imagine if the New Voters Project and Project Vote were bankrolled by some right wing organization. Imagine if the group’s volunteers had links to the Republican Party. Let’s suppose one of those Republicans had already been nailed for election fraud. Is it even conceivable that the local media would ignore THAT story?<br /><br />* * *<br />A local Democratic organization is right now organizing lawyers and law students to volunteer to staff local polling places to challenge poll workers who question the legitimacy of “voters.” Since most of those poll workers are about 94 years old, I doubt they’ll be much of a match for the lefty lawyers. So the thousands of phony registrations that have been sent in are likely to be represented by supposed “voters” with ready made legal sharks prepared to pounce on a poor election official who tries to verify the voter’s legitimacy. All this in a packed polling place. <br />Nah……..there’s no story here. <br /><br />Mark Belling is the host of News-Talk 1130 WISN’s “Mark Belling Late Afternoon Show”<br />