"IVAN The Terrible"

LadyFish

Admiral
Another monster hurricane will hit the U.S. sometime next week.<br /><br />May of us that live on the Gulf Coast have been watching this storm with anticipation due to its strength.<br /><br />Right now its a category 5 with sustained winds of 160 mph and gusts to 195. Central pressure is 921 and the forward motion is 15 mph.<br /><br />I have Flordia in my thoughts and prayers along with anyone else who might be in its path. We will have a better idea of where its predicted to make landfall by Sunday.<br /><br />Unfortunately, storm forecasters have it heading toward Tampa after it detroys Aruba, Jamaica, and Cuba.

SCO

Lieutenant
Re: "IVAN The Terrible"

That storm is huge early. You can imagine the storm surge. Somebody here is going to get hammered (me at the hurricane party). Like you LF, I have been dodging these things for years, and this one has me concerned.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea, looks like so far, landfall in the US is right at the tip of Florida, again<br /><br />Hang on down there, it's gona be another bumpy ride looks like.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I know, LF. That tears it!!<br /><br />I'm really getting board of this boarding-up BS.--<br /> FOR SALE: <br />This is a charming wood frame home in Beautiful downtown Lehigh Acres,Florida. Surrounded by tall pines, this charming 3bed,two bath home has a great location. Quietly shaded on the end of the road, no vehicle traffic to be concerned with, so your children and pets can play safely in the 1/4 acre property.<br />Only $**,***, and this furnished home is yours.<br />(JK) Besides, who would wanna live HERE?<br /><br />
medium.jpg
<br />Let's call this the "BEFORE" picture.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hey 12 footer, don't y'all have to put license plates on vehicles in Fla?

LadyFish

Admiral

ROTFL at 12footer. :D Well at least you still have your sense of humor, thats important! ;)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Mr.Ladyfish:<br /> Hey 12 footer, don't y'all have to put license plates on vehicles in Fla?
You have a great eye for detail. Have you thaught about going into the inspection field? You're a natural (NK) :) <br /><br />Yes. I was given that van last week. It runs great, butr isn't street legal yet (tagz/insurance/title blabla). but hey --- If you buy and close on the house before Sunday, I'll throw-in one slightly used '92 Ford Aerostar van!! Great for a werk truck, or as a first car for the kiddies.

phatmanmike

Captain

im towing 2 of my boats to a cabin in PA, on the sesquahanna river by the nuclear powerplant. they have 3 eyed bass up there<br /><br />we have lots of family in delta, pa( do a google search, youll find NOTHIN')<br /><br />wife tows the john boat, i tow the center console. <br /><br />wish me luck

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Too bad, phatmanmike, the rest of us will be off Egmont Key fishing this one out. Thought you would be there!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

lol. Help I'm steppin into the Twilight Zone :) <br />I was also in that field for 30 years with the City Of Fort Myers!

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I hope the storm spares the Florida Gulf Coast. I feel for all you folks out there. Nuff's enough!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Enough is enough! Darn right! I'll be thinking of all of you. Be safe. <br />Bassy

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Right now it's projected that Ivan will make land fall darn near where Francis did and take darn near the same course that Francis did. (I'm saying darn but mean DAMN!!) And this guy, Ivan, is huge. With the ground being as saturated as it is, Florida and everything in between them and the Muddy Banks of the Great Ohio is in for somemore sleepless nights.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I noticed the plates missing also. The truck doesn't have a front plate either.<br /><br />Best of luck to all of you, we are hoping for the best.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Florida only has a rear plate, Ken. Up until Charley, my front tag mount read, "Going online", with a pic of a bass hookedup n jumpin.<br />Traversing a flooded swale, it couldn't handle the wake,and broke off.

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well SBN and OBJ.... you make me so happy. I live just to the left of the T in Tuesday. Coming right to us.

Trent

Captain

Im under the gun again.... Yall have a good one. Southern Alabama..... Three times...~~~~

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Looks like those poor folks in the Yucatan pen and New Orleans are gonna get the short end of this stick.<br />Thank God for sparing us another direct hit...We have had enough torment. But my prayers are for all in this monster's path..Good news, it's weaker (cat4) now.