Its Too Hot !!!! Yes I said it.

Moody Blue

Captain
After last winter, I didn't think I would be saying this but it is too d@nmed hot. Last 5 days temps have been 29-32C (thats 85-90F) with high humidity. Forecasters say if feels like 40C or 105F !!! Apparently the next several days will be the same. Feels like I'm living in a sauna 24/7. Even the slight breeze we have today feels hot. How do you folks from the southern US cope with this type of heat ? There is now an extreme heat warning, smog warning and extreme thunderstorm warning all at once. Had violent thunderstornms yesterday with 150mm (6") of rain in 90 minutes. Several unconfirmed reports of funnel clouds as well. Can't wait for the normal temps of 22C (72F) so I can sleep again at night.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral
Re: Its Too Hot !!!! Yes I said it.

You get used to it, kind of like living in that god-forsaken snow for 8 months at a time.

salty87

Commander

^ haha, very true!<br /><br />we also have ac and the bills to show for it

ehenry

Commander

RodC, come on down here. WE gots plenty of heat and humidity to spare ! ! !

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If your eyeglasses fog up when you walk outdoors it is too humid.<br /><br />If you get blistered from touching a piece of metal that is in the sun it is too hot.<br /><br />Both of the above are normal on the Texas coast and south Florida.<br /><br />Your problem in Ontario is that you haven't discovered air conditioning. Our problem in Texas is that we don't know how to operate a wood stove.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Ya know whay they say! If ya can't stand the heat get outta the kitchen :p :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Yesterday they kept saying it was 69 deg F but when I checked it was 70+ in the shade, 80+ deg in the house and I couldnt find the remote for the AC! :eek:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Link:<br /> Yesterday they kept saying it was 69 deg F but when I checked it was 70+ in the shade, 80+ deg in the house and I couldnt find the remote for the AC! :eek:
91* right now and, LINK, I keep the remote in my pocket. :D

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by RodC:<br /> How do you folks from the southern US cope with this type of heat ?
We have AC that we turn on.

QC

Supreme Mariner

We often boat on Colorado River and adjacent lakes in 115 deg F. Just have to stay wet!! :D I know that humidity is nasty though. Hardest thing for me is strappin' her down on the trailer at the end of the day in that heat. Wipes me out!

Realgun

Commander

I love the heat I love the heat. Whats humidity?<br /><br />J/K but we are kinda lucky to not have the humidity to go with the heat. Then again we need water to boat which this year we have but who konws about the future.

Moody Blue

Captain

We typically only get 5-7 days like this all summer so it is easier to take. A couple days here and a couple days there. It has been one solid week now and no relief till middle of next. There are already water restrictions in place and that never happens till late summer. Ohhhhh, I can sense a very uncomfortable summer ahead. Better allow for more gas money for the boat and ice for the cooler :D :D <br /><br />JB and efhenry, I did spend a week in Shreveport Louisiana on the golf coast in the middle of summer and a week working at the Kennedy space center in mid July. Got to say those were the hottest and most uncomfortable conditions I have ever been in. Think I lost a couple pounds a day from sweating.

NYMINUTE

Captain

We never had a real spring, from the mid 50's to the high 90's + the humidity. Wasn't ready!

dolluper

Captain

Just as hot here in the crapital,the AC will be running till they turn the power off {hydro strike]and RodC you know what they say on the news eh! Drink lots of fuilds and stay in a air-conditioned place So take their advise and go sit in the B-A-R and drink :D :D

CntrySngr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> We never had a real spring, from the mid 50's to the high 90's + the humidity. Wasn't ready!
I second that motion! Indiana's weather has been REALLY wacky this year!!! One nice thing about it is that the lakes are already warm enough for water sports! :) <br /><br />Last year was sooooo nice! This year, I'm glad I bought a boat!! :cool:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Hot? Yeah, I know what you mean. Being a service tech, I spend my time on the roof when it is extreme cold or hot. The company we hired to clean all the condenser coils did a lousey job. Units been kicking out on high pressure every since this heat wave started. Re-cleaning them and getting a bunch of debris out of them and they are staying online now.<br /><br />So if you have air conditioners guys, CLEAN THEM COILS! It can save you a downed unit plus give you a bit of energy savings. That is pretty much the number one problem that causes failure.

CntrySngr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by SS Mayfloat:<br />So if you have air conditioners guys, CLEAN THEM COILS!
Central Air? If so, how do you clean the coils!? :)

FSHKPR

Ensign

Never ever ever complain its to hot! i will admit i prefer it to be mid to high 70s with a little less humidity but this 80s and 90s stuff beats winter all to heck. so i will never complain its too hot. spent the day on the townsend flowage yesterday and both the wife and i are alittle sunburned. but we had a great time.

one more cast

Captain

I'm with you FSHKPR, I have no AC in the house or truck and it is hot but its way better then minus 20. If I get to hot I just go down cellar and cool off. I'm sure the high temps will be short lived because the pool people will be delivering our new pool next week.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

It's hot and human down here, hence, the nickname of "the bikini state".<br />Which is fine for girls...But it just makes us hairy-legged boys all the hotter--- and the boss frowns on it when we strip-down to our tighy-whities when we are on the clock :rolleyes: <br />I was born and raised in Miami, am 53 years old, and have yet to acclimate to these summers.<br /><br />On a related topic---Have you ever been outside, werking or just standing there, and have the sweat roll down yer glasses, stinging your eyes and blinding you, while simultaniously inhaling a mosquito or two? <br /><br />I think i would rather fall-thru some icy lake, never to be seen again.<br />COMMON, NOVEMBER!
58.gif