Its Too Hot !!!! Yes I said it.

Stratosfied

Ensign
Re: Its Too Hot !!!! Yes I said it.

Actually here in Lower Alabama, we had a real, decent Spring for the first time in memory. But today, folks at work, I was completely soaked at 0900 and was outside. Then, I had to go close the steam lines off a paper machine. I am worn out now, nothing too physical, just dern hot, and oh yea, don't forgit the humidity!!! :mad: Bring on Feburary! ;) :D

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

7 out of the last 9 days, 90 degrees or higher and 70% humidity, this morning when I left for work it was 81 degrees at 4:30 am........too darn hot

MGuckin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I grew up and retired in Connecticut. Moved to my vacation home in Vermont. Lived there a few years. Love those 9 month winters. Summer is beautifull, all 2 weeks of it. I do miss the trout fishing. Came to Florida on vacation 9 years ago and never went back. I work full time in construction with quite a bit of my time outside & yup it gets hot. Don't have to plow out the driveway so I can go to work and shovel snow off slabs or chip ice off lumber bundles anymore. My ac is set @ 80 and heat @ 70. I can remember swimming in spring fed rivers that never warmed up much above 55. Our pool is almost warm enough to swim in. Checked it yesterday, it is 83. I have a wood stove installed here. The differnce is, in Vermont it got up to 75, we would open a window, down here, I put on a sweater.

D

DJ

Phoenix was just voted, "The Sweatiest City".<br /><br />I can't disagree, supposed to be 108 today.<br /><br />Kind of a dubious honor, if you ask me.

Moody Blue

Captain

Phoenix was just voted, "The Sweatiest City".
Congratulations ..... I think :D In the metro Toronto area, smog is becoming a huge problem. Seems to be on an exponential rise. Even 100 miles north of the city it is becoming a problem. You really feel it burning the eyes and makes breathing difficult in any strenuous activity. Something has to change or we will all be in serious trouble in a decade.<br /><br />Normal temps have arrived once again after a series of severe storms and two twisters went through the area last night. Ahhhh.

D

DJ

Phoenix has the same smog problem, this time of year, for two reasons.<br /><br />1. The city is in a valley.<br /><br />2. The airport (worlds fifth busiest) is smack dab in the middle of the city.<br /><br />The city politicians try to tell us that it is the cars that make the smog-what a joke. One 737 on takeoff is the equivelant of 1000 vehicles driving 1000 miles. And, we launch over 600 jets/day. Any idiot can see where where the "cloud" is generated, just by driving :D up to a high point.<br /><br />But, the airport is a HUGE cashcow for the city.