it doesn't pay good enough

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: it doesn't pay good enough

Quotes intelligence best assessment. Bush lied.<br />Quotes intelligence best assessment. Kerry was seduced.

PW2

Commander

You know,<br /><br />I have not heard anyone else, on this board or anywhere else of center or left persuasion blame the hurricane in any way on Bush.<br /><br />It's only Rush Limbaugh and others of the right persuasion complaining about something that has not even happened.<br /><br />I'd suggest there are real victims in this tragedy, who have suffered real time losses, and they are not the wacko right wingers that seem to be paranoid about something that has not even happened yet, and does not appear to even be on the verge of happening.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> You know,<br /><br />I have not heard anyone else, on this board or anywhere else of center or left persuasion blame the hurricane in any way on Bush.<br /><br />It's only Rush Limbaugh and others of the right persuasion complaining about something that has not even happened.<br /><br />I'd suggest there are real victims in this tragedy, who have suffered real time losses, and they are not the wacko right wingers that seem to be paranoid about something that has not even happened yet, and does not appear to even be on the verge of happening.
Hate to take the wind out of your sails but the reason for my quick second post to JBs remarks right after I posted is because I had just heard that from the democrats. Not Rush as I dont listen to him. <br />But I think you would agree that to exploit this from either side is just bad!<br />Think was a bad choice, I Know from your other posts you and I agree on that.<br /><br />There are some dumb butts there that deserve what they get for not leaving, there are a lot of thugs who dont want leave so they can steal.. but there are a whole lot of people who just did not have the means to leave.<br /><br />PW2, I know we disagree politically and your one of the very few I would debate with here as you really do "sometimes" ;) look at both sides but on a personal note I think by this time next week (the 8th of Sept) your going to be very dissapointed with the "left of center" <br />By this time next week Bush will be blamed for everything with the usuall 1/4 to 1/2 truths on main stream news..<br />They already started Wednesday with Bush diverted funds from a study on the Dikes.. for the WAR in IRAQ! The fact that those studies would not have even started until 2008 doesnt get reported.. <br />This has already been said by your democrats friends yesterday.<br />They also don't report that this comes up every two years since I think the 1700's on NO<br />They also wont report that the orignal engineer who designed NO knew it was a flawed system and said so!<br />Then they will be blaming Bush for not having the National Gaurd there.. (they are off fighting his personal war in Iraq)<br /><br />Anyway PW2 I got both of these from main stream news yesterday before posting to JBs post.<br /><br />Like you I think we should focus on the people who need help right now. We just dispatched a group of amateur radio operaters to establish basic communications in NO.. <br /><br />The local HAMS there could not as their houses were under water!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br /> ...our current President, I must admit that he's been dealt some pretty raw hands.
How do you get from that to this:<br /><br />
Originally posted by DJ:<br /> Troll!..<br /><br />All GWB's fault. He can control weather, calamities, terrorist attacks, etc. <br /><br />Just ask any liberal.
I didn't understand DJ's post at first, then I realized...he's identifying his post as a troll right up front.

one more cast

Captain

The reason the country is in the shape its in is because the Left and the Right are to far apart PERIOD .... I do not know much about politics but that is what it looks like to me. Why can't the donkeys and elephants work together somewhere in the middle? Even on these posts you all just blame each other and nothing gets accomplished. It has become a world of if it don't benifit ME then F... it. I think we should all take a long look in the mirror.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Hey OMC, I thought there were supposed to be chicks at beaches. Your beach is empty and forlorn. What gives?

one more cast

Captain

Hey Boomyal, our summer is mostly over. Its been getting down in the low 50's at night. Only 69 degrees right now.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

hey that's our summer over here...!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Hillary is rested and ready to step in............Dog Crap I hope!

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Twidget:<br /> This isnt a slap at Bill Clinton, but he had never made more than 40k in a year before he became President.
Clinton was elected Arkansas Attorney General in 1976, and won the governorship in 1978. After losing a bid for a second term, he regained the office four years later, and served until he defeated incumbent George Bush and third party candidate Ross Perot in the 1992 presidential race.<br />And he was never paid more than 40K for any of this? :confused:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Man, talk about a thread hijack, there were two of them! :D :D <br /><br />Your right BoatBuoy, GWB has had the hardest presidency since WWII.<br /><br />In order to believe GWB lied about the reasons for war, you must believe GWB is an evil man. Only an evil man you got to war for revenge or money. There is no way GWB is evil.<br /><br />He went to war as he thought there were WMD, and I guarantee everyone of you thought there were WMD there too.<br /><br />Ken

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br />
Originally posted by JB:<br />I have to agree that way too many people ignored the call to evacuate the cities in the storms projected pathways, however one must not forget that there were a very many without the means to do so,
I was watching a lot of it on the news and I wondered to myself.. If you and yours didnt have the means to evacuate does that mean you have no legs and thumbs? I would have been walking down one of those intersates with my thumb wagging furiously in the air looking for a ride. I seriously doubt the illegal hitchhiking thing would have come in to play in this situation. <br /><br />as for nowhere to go... i would have dropped off in a city further north where I felt would still have food and water after the storm. Might be tough going but I cant consider sitting there waiting to drown an option either.<br /><br />Just my two cents.<br /><br />That being said.. I have two empty rooms in my house that I would loan out to survivors needing somewhere go to start over. Just unfortunate that now its probably even more difficult to get this far away from the carnage to start over.