Issues with my Stereo

Randy Garrido

Recruit
Hello Guys i need some help

2 weeks ago i change the stereo on my boat i did everything by the book and everything end well after that i change my 2 speakers because they where no good any more, today I was cleaning the boat and my stereo turn off i turn of the switch on the switch panel and try to turn my stereo on again and nothing happen, did the same thing again and this time it turn on as soon as the stereo turns on it turn off again, i look on the switch panel and the light on the swith was not bright enough if like the power was not strong enough, i try everything again with the engines running and nothing i look into all the wires and everything looks good. Dont know if there is any fuse or anything similar that prevent or holds the power that goes thru the switch panel

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Sure sounds like corroded terminals to me. If you have a meter, you can verify that the voltage at the radio is not enough to power it up. And I would trace BOTH the positive AND GROUND to their sources and clean all connections. A connection looking good and actually being good are two entirely different things. You have to have bright, shiny, clean connections at every terminal. If that doesn't fix the issue, you have some bad wire going to the radio...

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
or the battery is dead because you left the stereo memory wire powered hot all the time.