Is your dog tough?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Is your dog tough?

Had a fearless dachsund, Rudy, aka He11 Bi7ch, gentle with humans but she would chase a cat anywhere, into holly bushes, under cars, came out scratched several times.<br /><br />She tried to chase lions once...we had her in a park across a creek from the Fort Worth zoo, at feeding time they start roaring, you can hear it for miles. She perked up & ran down to the creek looking for a place to cross...she wanted those big cats!<br /><br />Chased a horse in a pasture once, luckily the grass was taller than she was so she couldn't run fast, I caught her before she got kicked...but the horse was running from her!<br /><br />Cornered a mama possum in the back yard, that possum wasn't playing possum 'cause she was 3 times Rudy's size...Rudy kept it at bay so I could euthanize it with a croquet mallet.<br /><br />The big yella hound I have now...very gentle...you can literally take food from his mouth...but tough; he once waited patiently for me to cut a fishhook out of his hide. Scared of lightning, though.<br /><br /><br />BTW monoshock, I really like that portrait of monoshock jr. with Bear

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

I saw a St. Bernard get run over by an S10, bite the back tire flat and walk it off once. Tough dog, killed a truck!

Drybo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

8 year old half lab half chow gets shot by somebody in the hood, vet leaves in bullet, slips off front of boat in dark at 40+mph, goes under, hits prop , survived, gets lost (I thought)15 miles away find him walking up through town, jumps out of window at any speed to chase cats and deer(just slow down in time hopefully), tries to put out fireworks.......<br />anyway, like efhenrys signature.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Toughest dog? Here's my nominee: <br /><br />"Dosha was hit by a car near her owner's Clearwater, California, home on April 15. Next, a police officer shot her in the head to put her out of her misery. Then, presumed dead, she was put in a freezer at an animal control center. <br /><br />Two hours later, when a veterinarian opened the door to the freezer, she was shocked to find Dosha, a 10-month-old of mixed-breeding, standing upright in a plastic orange bag -- the equivalent of a human body bag. <br /><br />Appearing on national television Wednesday, Dosha seemed in fine spirits apart from a gunshot wound to her head and other injuries sustained from being hit by the car." <br /><br />full article:<br /> http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/04/23/offbeat.dog.survival.reut/

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

one word answer. No.<br /><br />Fieldset shorthair golden retriever. 3 years in october it is just about the kindest animal I have ever encountered. It is addicted to water almost like a sickness. An if someone tried to break in to my home, it would show them the hidden key and help carry out my stuff.<br /><br />I can't imagine life without a dog, and now that Hanna has been part of mine a golden will always be in my home.<br /><br />Not a fighter but a high threshold of pain. I have never heard her cry out in pain ever.