Is this an OEM Carb Kit?

stormulus

Seaman Apprentice
I am hoping some of you more experienced and knowledgeable people can help me out. I recently purchased, at an online vendor, what was advertised as an OEM Quicksilver carb repair kit, part #3302-804844002. The box in which this kit was packaged has a sticker on the outside indicating Quicksilver and the part number, along with Mercury Marine, as shown in the attached picture #1. When I opened the box, a smaller plastic-wrapped package inside had a different number on it, 19032CM (pic 2), which made me curious. I did an online search for that number and it brought up several advertisements for a Walker carb kit with that number, except for the M at the end of it. The packaging of the Walker kits look exactly like the plastic-wrapped inner package I received (pic 3). The Walker kits sell for less than half of what I paid.

So I have 2 questions:
1. Is what I received normal for an OEM Quicksilver kit?
2. Does Walker make the OEM kits for Quicksilver/Mercury Marine?

Thanks for any advice on this.

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 6

alldodge

Staff member
Hard to say but looking at the inner box it looks the same as the Amazon one being sold by Leaders rpm. Leaders is not a Merc dealer so it may be OEM new old stock, or Walker in a box with OEM label.

I don't remember (memory is getting worst) seeing a Merc/QS part with another manufactures part number on a box inside. Have seen other part number stamped on the part, just not one on a internal box

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
I can't answer this but I bought an OE OMC carb kit that was actually a re-labelled Sierra kit. I used it and it was fine but for the next time I bought a Quadrajet kit from Cliff's High Performance Quadrajets which includes more and better parts (the OE kit from OMC doesn't include the accelerator pump) the Cliff's kit includes a heavy duty ethanol tolerant accelerator pump. And Cliff's was actually cheaper!

stormulus

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks for the feedback alldodge and Lou C. I'm not sure what to think of this. The pictures I have seen for what are labeled as a Quicksilver OEM kit have all shown the parts spread out, with the accelerator pump looking a little different than the one in this kit. However it is possible those pics were old/outdated, as it does look like the way it is shown in the mercury service manual. Also this kit has a white L-shaped measuring tool with metric graduations, which does not appear in the pics of Quicksilver kits I have seen, but does appear in the pics of 3rd party kits.

Thanks for your comments, they are much appreciated.

stormulus

Seaman Apprentice
I'm thinking about contacting the vendor, or maybe Mercury Marine, or both, about whether the contents of the box are correct, but thought I would see if anyone else here has experienced this, before I do so.

alldodge

Staff member
If you have trouble with Merc, suggest contacting mercruiser parts BAM. They are an OEM and have been helpful

stormulus

Seaman Apprentice
Update: I made an inquiry to both the online vendor and to Mercury Marine, both using their "contact us" form on their websites, and described most of the same which I described in my first post.

I got two responses from the vendor, very quickly and within a minute of each other. The first said they sell parts as packaged by Mercury Marine, so what I received is what Mercury packaged. The second email said I received the correct OEM kit, and said Mercury does not make their own carbs, they use a number of different carb manufacturers for their engines.

So maybe for this kit they get them from Walker? Would be interesting to see what the packaging for the Walker kit looks like. I'll have to decide if I want to spend the $31 to find out.

I will await a response from Mercury

alldodge

Staff member
Agree, Merc doesn't make most of there own carbs or gasket sets. Just not sure as specified prior

stormulus

Seaman Apprentice
below is, in its entirety, from Mercruiser Customer Assistance:

The label on the outside of the container will represent the part number you had ordered. The items inside may vary from that ordered item part number. This is correct.
Item Number: 80484402
Description: Carb, Repair Kit
MFG Description: 19032CM Mercarb Kit