Is the buddy heater safe?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I tested a Mr Buddy heater in a bathroom with the door shut using a digital CO detector. I let it run for awhile and the detector never read anything but 0. You might get a little smell. It's my understanding that some propane contains a small amount of oil. Why is beyond me...

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Morning everyone,

If I have my canvas on the boat that will enclose it (Bimini with all panels zipped on) can I run a buddy heater inside this while the boat is in use? Any issues with the gas tank venting or carbon monoxide?

Mike you bought a heater and used it while you worked on your boat, did it blow up?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Unless the fuel tank is located in the same enclosed space as your buddy.
Having a hard time envisioning how or why anyone would have a 154 gallon fuel tank mounted next to them at the helm.

Seems a bit of a stretch of imagination to even consider such a thing....lol

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Having a hard time envisioning how or why anyone would have a 154 gallon fuel tank mounted next to them at the helm.

Seems a bit of a stretch of imagination (even without tin foil hat) to even consider such a crazy thing....lol

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

Seems a bit of a stretch of imagination to even consider such a thing....lol
Well I stand corrected. I had no idea we were talking about a tank (and boat) this big.

With this new info, I now give my approval.