is springbrok and springbok the same company

markk900

Seaman Apprentice
Re: is springbrok and springbok the same company

There is a place on the net (can't remember where exactly) that sells copies of old boat brochures, including a lot of the years of Springbok - so specs would likely be there.....

However, they were pricey (around $50USD) so I decided it wasn't that important to have.

Nice fishing boat BTW!

Mark

Northporter

Recruit
Another Canadian Springbok

Another Canadian Springbok

I was surfing around for some information on my Marlin Supreme and I found this thread. I believe it is an '87, have had it for 4 years. Has a 115hp Merc "Tower of Power" on it and an electric trolling motor running off a second battery system. It runs awesome, and is a great boat for the area (Deep River, ON). I get a lot of compliments on it from the old timers.

Attachments

• IMG_7411.JPG
    IMG_7411.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 0

AEROCOOK

Master Chief Petty Officer

If any of you folks ever find out what your boats weigh, please let me know.

markk900

Seaman Apprentice

Northporter: wow - a 115! I feel so anemic with my 75. Do you have any good shots of the interior?

Aerocook: is the weight anywhere on the compliance tag? Mine has faded so badly I can't really read it but shouldn't the weight be there?

Mark

AEROCOOK

Re: Another Canadian Springbok

Re: Another Canadian Springbok

I was surfing around for some information on my Marlin Supreme and I found this thread. I believe it is an '87, have had it for 4 years. Has a 115hp Merc "Tower of Power" on it and an electric trolling motor running off a second battery system. It runs awesome, and is a great boat for the area (Deep River, ON). I get a lot of compliments on it from the old timers.

I swear Ive seen that picture before. Did you have it for sale in KIJIJI a while ago?

AEROCOOK

Northporter: wow - a 115! I feel so anemic with my 75. Do you have any good shots of the interior?

Aerocook: is the weight anywhere on the compliance tag? Mine has faded so badly I can't really read it but shouldn't the weight be there?

Mark

No, there is nothing on the compliance tag.

blackbeard

Cadet

sorry about the long long wait but heres some pics i just managed to get some pics of boat hope it all works out .

IMG00097-20100818-1651.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG00092-20100818-1649.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG00097-20100818-1651.jpg

IMG00093-20100818-1649.jpg
[/IMG]

markk900

Seaman Apprentice

Very cool - thanks for posting. Any shots looking towards the back? I'm interested in how the cover over the tanks is supposed to be. Ours is all mucked up.

Also, what does the hatch give access to? Mine has been refloored and there is no hatch anymore.

Mark

blackbeard

Cadet

the hatch is just storage for paddels and whatnot its about 5/6 feet long inside . as a matter of fact i do have a pic of the back . u can see im removing any stickers from boat getting ready to repaint and will try to get new springbok logo stickers made.
IMG00096-20100818-1650.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG00093-20100818-1649.jpg
[/IMG]

markk900

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks Blackbeard: so it looks like the flap at the back of my boat is the same as yours - it has dome snaps to attach to something but for the life of me I can't figure out what! Mine also has the outline of what I think was an "Alcan" shield in the middle of the padding in front of the motor. Otherwise, interiors are the same (well, mine has seats facing back attached to the seats facing forward, and no ability to swivel).

Do you have any good links to sites for repainting - I'd like to do mine as well but haven't painted a boat before?

thanks again for the pics!

Mark

blackbeard

Cadet

there is a piece of wood that goes across the back of boat to end the carpet and have the other side of the snaps on it . i took mine out as i figured that it could stop water from traviling to the back. i never snaped the cover to anyways. if your close and want it its yours i still got it but really u dont need it.

replacing the seats i never regreted ,i am thinking of putting a bench across back for storage and use it as a step in and out of boat,i could also put the wife back there when on choppy water to smooth it out for her.lol.

all the painting info i have, i have gotten from iboats forums ,i have never done it neither should be fun though.

markk900

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the offer - I'm OK without the thing to snap to....I was just curious what the snaps were for.

Please post pics when you get your painting done.

Mark

markk900

Seaman Apprentice

If any of you folks ever find out what your boats weigh, please let me know.

I know its been months, but I just scored an original Alcan Springbok brochure off ebay (for $6) and the weight of the Marlin Supreme (without motor) is listed as 800lbs. Total load capacity is listed as 1620lbs.

Mark

AEROCOOK

I know its been months, but I just scored an original Alcan Springbok brochure off ebay (for $6) and the weight of the Marlin Supreme (without motor) is listed as 800lbs. Total load capacity is listed as 1620lbs.

Mark
Thanks for the info mark. I just checked back into the forum today for the first time since the fall. I keep busy on the snowmobile forum all winter. I'd love to see pics of that brochure, could you post scanned copies of the pages?

markk900

Seaman Apprentice

I'll see if the scanner at work does a decent job.....But I'll trade you for photos of your interior when you get a chance! Especially the back where the tanks go.

Mark

AEROCOOK

I'll see if the scanner at work does a decent job.....But I'll trade you for photos of your interior when you get a chance! Especially the back where the tanks go.

Mark

Sounds great. I wont be able to take pictures till late May as the boat is in storage till then.
I can describe things for you till then if you like.

AEROCOOK

Mark

I have the boat in my driveway now, let me know what pics you want. I sent you a PM a while ago.

markk900

Seaman Apprentice

Aerocook: here are digital photos of some of the brochure, especially the specifications page. Hopefully they are legible - I used my camera as the scanner didn't do a good job.

Cover
IMG_1721.jpg

Marlin Supreme Foldout
IMG_1722.jpg

Specifications page
IMG_1723.jpg

Enjoy!