Is my boat jinxed?

victorc1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Found out how water mixed with oil.

Found out how water mixed with oil.

So I rebuilt my motor 1995 Mercruiser 3.0 LX , now that I am assembling it I noticed that the water was leaking from the head gasket near the number 4 cylinder and seaped in through the cover of the lifters into the oil pan. This problem had me baffled because I sent the block, heads and manifold the get checked and they were all good. So anyway now I have a new motor. I'm posting this for anybody who has water mixing with the oil, you'll probably want to check the cover for the lifters to see if its leaking through there.

Maclin

Admiral
Re: Is my boat jinxed?

You mean the one on the side of the block, right? Good stuff to know on a 3.0 for next time.

Maclin

Admiral

I see your newer post now with the pic, thanks for sharing that.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

I just did a headgasket on my 3.0L mercruiser pics description and vids

HERE http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=364237

with no low compression, I would hazard a guess the head gasket is good, head is good, valves good and such....prob coming in somewhere else, mebbe a small internal leak in intake/exhaust manifold assy...allowing water intrusion...could be rusted thru somewhere, kinda new it seems for that tho. Check the threads for more ideas ;)

sorry you have had so many probs,:eek: our 1990 mercruiser has been good except the headgasket, some timing advance springs and a carb ov-haul :D