Is Favre doing the right thing?

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant
What a weird turn of events. Favre wants to play but the Packers say no thanks!
If they release him the pressure will be on Aaron Rogers big time, especially if he does well for an NFC rival team. (Bears or Vikings)
If they trade him some fans will burn Lambeau Field.:eek:
Personally I will be glad to see him return as I always enjoyed his games.

Tyme2fish

Commander
Re: Is Favre doing the right thing?

As much as Bart Starr "made" the Packers, Brett is a Packer thru and thru. Let him play and watch his performance. Brett in any other uniform just wouldn't be right.:mad:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I wish he had not retired.
I would have liked to see him play this year.
One more year with the talent currently on the Packers roster would have been great.
But not now.

Contracts have been signed, bonuses paid, salary caps allocated.

So now he is gonna screw up a lot of peoples lives so he can play. For how long? Till he gets hit once or twice, and then decides to quit-- I mean retire - again?

He's played this game for several years now. This time he has pushed it a little too far.

If he comes back and plays for the Packers, he will be messing with a lot of peoples lives.
If they take him back, and bench him, it would be a real mess.
If they let him go to another team, or trade him, it will be a bigger mess, and hurt the team.

He is doing nothing but tarnishing his legacy with this latest move.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

Brett Frave is truly one of the greats but all good things come to an end, and he needs to accept that. Its time to go home to Kiln, Mississippi and build a second career in whatever interests him.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

By CHRIS JENKINS, AP Sports Writer 12 minutes ago

GREEN BAY, Wis. - Green Bay Packers officials don't plan to grant Brett Favre's request for release and remain committed to Aaron Rodgers as their starter, even if Favre returns to the team.

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

Brett Frave is truly one of the greats but all good things come to an end, and he needs to accept that. Its time to go home to Kiln, Mississippi and build a second career in whatever interests him.

i wanted to post but you said it for me

jbjennings

Captain

I enjoyed watching him play and would love to see him again but only for Green Bay. I would think, though, that they have some good reasons as were already mentioned to not want him back. Otherwise, they'd be more than happy to have him back, especially since they'd stand to make a pile of money on him.
JBJ

Twidget

Commander

Go away Brett. This game is old.

angus63

Captain

Here's the thread from when he announced retirement:

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=237415

I said it then and I'll say it again, Men like Brett don't just disappear on a bad note. He LOVES the game and he'll want the ball until he can't make a play. #4 has a bit left to show ya!

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

well i was pretty wrong.

looks like G B fear of him in vikings uniform were well founded though

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Men like Brett don't just disappear on a bad note. He LOVES the game and he'll want the ball until he can't make a play. #4 has a bit left to show ya!

I guess you nailed that one!

angus63

Captain

I guess you nailed that one!

It wasn't so much a prognostication as it was a statement of the obvious to those who follow the game. I hope he goes out on a good note for all his efforts I enjoyed over the years. I also would like to see Archie's bunch win a title. Kinda torn which way to lean next week. Maybe I'll just knock back a few too many and enjoy the contest!

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Myself, I will be pulling for the Vikes as I still enjoy watching the lad play ball.
As far as my prediction that Packer fans would torch Lambeau Field if the Favre'ster were traded, I missed that one by a mile.
I don't think he could win a mayoral contest against Bin Laden in Green Bay!:eek::D
As for Aaron Rodgers, he still has a ways to go but I'll be danged, I think the Pack has another great QB in the making!

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

It sure looks like it now.