Is every post a troll?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Is every post a troll?

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> <br />The content of a troll posting generally falls into one of several categories. It may consist of an apparently foolish contradiction of common knowledge, a deliberately offensive insult to the readers of a newsgroup or mailing list, or a broad request for trivial follow-up postings.
In all seriousness, I dont believe anyone has posted a troll on this board.<br /><br />An example would be "All boaters are idiots" or "People who think the world is round are fools".<br /><br />No one has done this here, except for me above saying 40% of you are liars.<br /><br />Ken

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

hey!<br /><br />50% of the people I know are below average!!<br /><br /> :)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

we lie BECAUSE we fish.<br /><br />"I recall long ago while trolling a special poster passed on down through generations of poster trollers.................."

Fly Rod

Commander

:) not all post are trolls!!!!<br /><br /><br />WillyBright post are mostly "TROLLS!!!" :D <br /><br />A spade is a Spade with me!!! ;) :cool: <br /><br />happy Holidays!!! :cool:

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> ... People post such messages to get attention, to disrupt discussion, and to make trouble....<br />
Outstanding analysis, LF, but could I please add one more possible reason? <br /><br />to alleviate boredom

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

<br /> :) not all post are trolls!!!!<br />
Ha - but all trolls are posts !! :D <br /><br />Ever noticed that most trolls are from Liberals? ;) <br /><br />I don't think it's possible for a conservative to "troll" on iboats... :D ;)

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br />
Originally posted by Capt. Kidd:<br />
Originally posted by pjc:<br /> then, are some posters trolls?
Would that make them a Poster trolling?<br />Or would it be a trollster posting?
Nope Capt. That would be a trolling poster.
Or "pollster" for short.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

You can troll some of the posters all of the time...<br /><br /><br />and, you can troll all of the posters some of the time...<br /><br /><br />but, you can't troll all of the posters all of the time.<br /><br /><br />Can you hear me, Willy? :rolleyes:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Fixin:<br /> SW that was a troll
5.gif
<br /><br /> Have you ever seen my ex? I'd post her pic here but it would be Pooofed to spare others the agony.