Internet Crooks

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Internet Crooks

She's cute!<br /><br />Ooopppps! Did I say that? :eek:

spratt

Lieutenant

Robby, whatcha sayin'? Apples are easy to hack?? I think I will hafta disagree...Apple OS is based on a UNIX format, and when was the last time you heard of a UNIX server being hacked? I am not gonna say you are not RIGHT, because I haven't worked with Macintosh in about 4 years, and perhaps things have changed...but I once was a Field Service Tech for Apple computers, and I NEVER heard of a attack on tehm...and viruses? Sorry, but Microsoft is so easy to hack and attack, the scum that does it don't waste time on the UNIX based stuff, I believe...the worst thing I encountered as far as viruses on Apple was a "Desktop" virus, which required the desktop to be rebuilt, pretty simple process...<br /><br />Myself, I refuse to install SP2 on my WinXP Pro machine. I prefer to keep Bill Gates and his staff outta my PC as muich as possible. I ain't about to let them get their firewall and anti-virus on my machine...also I am not about to install their new "Anti-Google" software, the desktop search engine...unh unh, no way!!! But then, I don't know too much about computers:)

D

DJ

The internet is not the problem, people are the problem. The intertnet adds the lure of "anonimity".<br /><br />Phoenix now has the distinction of having the biggest problem with mail theft than any other city.<br /><br />The mailbox out in front of the house is useless. The authorities are strongly recommending P.O. boxes. What a hassle.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Think yourself lucky you're at least allowed to defend yourselves against the thieves and scammers... Here in the UK I'm not even allowed to defend myself against thieves breaking into my own home-Thieves have more rights than we do here! I can't even put up a "beware of the dog" sign because that's admitting I know my dog is dangerous if he bites someone who breaks in... and I'll go to prison if I acccidentally hurt the thief when he tries to escape...

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

sorry-that had nothing to do with internet security but I'm still fuming after finding 2 romanian junkies casing the empty house next to me and being told by the cops that I can't stop them turning it into a crackhouse...and then being told by the same cop that I'd be arrested if I even took my klingon d'aktagh replica out of the house after he spotted it on the wall.... Rant over!

Rudderman

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've done hundreds of online transactions with my credit card and never got ripped off even once. The only time I ever got stung was when I was in England for a visit and bought some parts for a radio-controlled speedboat.....when I got home and checked my credit card statement 3 months later, the shop had taken about €300 too much.....never got it back.