interior floor and decks with storage

Hello one and all I have a '75 15' Gregor deep-V would like to put front and rear decks with storage for batter and fuel tank. Need help with supports and attaching decks without welding. Have 3/4" treated plywood for floor for between benches what kind of supports if any are needed to install floor? Would like to have a helm with remotes can't decide which would be more functional a side mount or center? Please help with illustrations and instructions!! Wouldn't mind having cooler departments in on each side if possible.

Thanks for your time and idea's
Boat is your average normal 15' open 3 bench fishing boat but has a deep-V has an approx 59" beam measured from back edge of front bench. Thinking pedestal swivel type seats. I fish for trout and troll extensively looking for comfort as well. Need help and suggestions on design and instructions for installing I am no carpenter but can cut a straight line and measure accurately. So any pictures will be greatly appreciated. Wouldn't having storage or lay out like the second picture 1st one is of boat.

Attachments

• 01021201040401160520080323150cbec8bae76b6a0f009b6d[1].jpg
    01021201040401160520080323150cbec8bae76b6a0f009b6d[1].jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 01010501160401041120080502575a0cd1ff468f4e9400c7d6[1].jpg
    01010501160401041120080502575a0cd1ff468f4e9400c7d6[1].jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 3

jpmurphy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: interior floor and decks with storage

Have you gotten any replies to your original post ? I didn't see any posted. Possibly expired and dropped off.

I am starting a rebuld on a 15' gergor also. Mine came with a floor and side console. I'm considering enlarging the front casting deck and adding a modified platform at the transom for storage so I'm searching for ideas and suggestions.

Have you finished your project yet ?

headpin

Recruit

jp murphy

I also have a Gregor boat that is in work. It's a 1980 15'. I found numerous cracks and broken welds between the floor and the seat supports. Also like gofishen's 2nd picture all the flotation foam is gone as are the side supports. I was wondering whether what you think about no foam under the seats and possible building storage space along the sides of the boat. How is you project coming?

jpmurphy

Petty Officer 1st Class

jp murphy

I also have a Gregor boat that is in work. It's a 1980 15'. I found numerous cracks and broken welds between the floor and the seat supports. Also like gofishen's 2nd picture all the flotation foam is gone as are the side supports. I was wondering whether what you think about no foam under the seats and possible building storage space along the sides of the boat. How is you project coming?

hey there headpin:

I am in favor of foam. That's what provides floation. Without any foam, should you capsize you may never recover your boat as it'll be sitting on the bottom of the lake. That's a lot of investment to ose for the sake of a little foam.

Storage compartments along the gunwhales is a great idea. That would provide a place to store your rods and whatever else. I have two on my rig. They contain only foam. I am removing the top 8" of foam in the portside compartment and making a rod locker out of it.

I've finished restoring all of the hull on my rig. Just finished laying the main decking. Now I'm working on storage compartments. One portside for the gas can and one starboard for the batteries. They both will provide extra places to sit while fishing. After those are done I'll be replacing and enlarging the forward casting deck and the underdeck storage for the anchor, vests, dock bumbers and whatever else. I hate having things rolling around lose while underway. Nothing worse than stepping on your favorite pole and breaking it. A neat boat is a happy boat.

Here's a pic of the "after" hull restoration. I'm taking pics of the interior rebuild
and I'll post some of those as I move along. Good luck with your rebuild.
;)

Attachments

• DSCN0054_022.JPG
    DSCN0054_022.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 2

Whoopbass

Chief Petty Officer

jp murphy

Sounds like my 1991 Gregor. I had a seam bust a few years ago and had it welded. There is also a few tiny cracks in the bottom that seep a bit that I have patched.
My last trip out it was leaking bad so after getting it home and filling it partially with water I noticed a foot long crack next to the bottom on the port side a few feet from the bow. I'm going to see if it can be welded tomorrow.
To be fair I have ran the boat pretty hard over the years but I have always heard aluminum boats were tough so I never worried about it.
If its fixable i'm going to go a little easier on it from here on out.