Instrument Panel Gauges Working Intermittently

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepede

Recruit
Hello, I have a 2005 Sanger V210 Wake Series and am having trouble with the gauges working intermittently. The problem started with just the speedometer but now also affects the temperature gauge, voltage, and RPMs. Strangely, the fuel gauge has always been okay. Sometimes the speedo works, sometimes is doesn't. Anyone else have this problem and/or have a suggestion to fix it? Thank you.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
your speedo should be a pitot tube type, however it may be GPS. if its a pitot tube style, look for a plugged pickup or damaged hose. if its a GPS style, look for bad grounds.

your other gauges all share power and ground. look for bad connections

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Sorry for taking so long to reply but I did not notice this.
The likely problem is the black box under the dash which has the two speedo lines running to it. They fail and the gauges all go out. There are two fuses inline that go to it. It's a Medallion MDC 1600. They don't make them anymore but you might get one from Sanger. You can try other places too. I happen to have a dead one in my kitchen right now. It died the year after the gauges started to flicker. Easy replacement but not cheap. There are two inline fuses that go to it. Mine blew the 0.75A one when it failed completely.

Hope that helps.

Janet6

Recruit
When an instrument cluster isn't properly grounded, you'll typically find that the gauges and dash lights fail to work or only work intermittently.

Status
Not open for further replies.