FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 25hp , 1979 evinrude with a manual pull start and would like to put an electric starter on it with a button , what do I need where do I start? thanks trbass
I was given a 72 Evenrude 25 that was in a fire. Burnt the tiller arm and clamp screw handles clear off an well as the whole front if cover. Toasted the wiring plug in too. I planned to use it as a tiller motor so I built a heavy duty battery cable plug in to replace the original plug. I put a start and kill button in the front of the replacement cover which works great for a tiller motor. All you need to do this is a starter solenoid with bracket, starter motor and bracket if you have a toothed flywheel. Plus some heavy battery cable to connect solenoid to starter motor, wire to connect starter pushbutton to solenoid. Then connect your + battery cable to other side of sloenoid and ground - side of battery cable to the block. I got the parts I needed from Tims Outboard Salvage. Reasonable! 218 682 2331 You can have an electric start set up pretty cheap.