info on portability

Swishguy

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys
I need a small portable boat to take with me on sales trips. I travel way up in northern canada on biz & would like to get a small portable boat to go fishing in the evenings. I see on this website they advertise a zodiac for $999. Does it take much room or time to set up? I drive a toyota highlander & would like to throw it in the back.
Thanx

KC Zinck

Cadet
Re: info on portability

Hello
I have a Zodiac Cadet 340S , It's 11'2" fits into the back of my ford explorer with room to spare,would fit into the trunk of a small compact car no problem. The boat is great for 2 fishing, takes about 20 minutes to setup.My boat has the wooden floor boards, the air floor could be the way to go for you. I have never been on a Air floor boat so I can't say how they perform on the water, But i'm sure alot of people on this form can give you the advise needed to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck on you adventures.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Hey guys
I need a small portable boat to take with me on sales trips. I travel way up in northern canada on biz & would like to get a small portable boat to go fishing in the evenings. I see on this website they advertise a zodiac for $999. Does it take much room or time to set up? I drive a toyota highlander & would like to throw it in the back.
Thanx

Go for the Zodiac air deck 3.05 Mt and place a 9.8 Tohatsu 2 strokes engine, very portable and nice compact engine if availble locally.

Happy Boating

Drowned Rat

Captain

Yeah, the air deck boats can't be beat for fast set up and take down. Or a slatted deck boat if you plan on using a very small gas motor or trolling motor. A 10' boat like one of these could be set up in under 10 minutes, engine, oars, seat, everything. Maybe 15 minutes to get it all stowed back the way it was. It's deflated size will be quite small. It will fit in the trunk of even the smallest car.

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

It takes me 15-20 minutes to set up & launch our inflatable (3.6 meters), loaded, and with the motor running. I transport it in a very small European car. It is tight, but it fits.

The only time consuming part of the process, is inflating. I use a small electric pump for the majority of the work, and top it up with a hand pump.

Can't beat it for portability.