Info needed from all the Texans.

PirateDaddy

Cadet
I have a recruiter talking to me about a job in Austin, TX. Can yall help me out with some info around there? How is the hunting, fishing, boating, weather, etc?? I?m also really big in motocross any motocross tracks near by. Thanks

IVAZ

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Info needed from all the Texans.

Austin is awesome. There is a nice little lake there so fishing and boating is not an issue. It is the capitol but it really has more of a small town feel to it. Lots of parties in that city also. Sixth Street gets closed to traffic on weekends so people can party properly. If you are into live music you will be at right city. The hunting is good in the
surrounding areas. The weather is nice, you can pretty much boat year round. I dont know of any tracks but Im only into trail riding on my bike. My friends attended UT so I use to be up there almost every weekend. Heck the only city that?s better (in the whole us;)) is H-town.

Last edited:

Definitely.... I live in Dallas. Lake Travis is awesome for parties and boating. The Hill Country region west of Austin (about an 30 min to an hour has great hunting). One of my friends left Dallas and went to work for Dell in Austin...she loves it.

salty87

Commander

austin isn't for you, you should stay away....j/k

austin is awesome. weather is great. the boating season is basically year-round. we get a freeze every now and then but they're usually quick and light.

lots of stuff to do in and around town. if you need more to do, there's plenty of hunting in the surrounding areas. the highland lakes are all within a few hours if you get tired of lake austin or lake travis. i don't know about motocross tracks, i'm sure there are some around.

if you want to do some research...check out highland lakes and texas hill country. everything is fairly close by...by texas standards at least.

austin isn't what you'd probably imagine. no scrub brush rolling by...we've got lush greenbelts and lakes to chose from. very much a town of outdoors-y people.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

LOML lives there. It has to be one of the best cities to live in in the world. Just being in Texas makes it a great place, but it has a city style, or attitude, that makes it very resident friendly.

57whitehouse

Chief Petty Officer

I agree Austin is great. It is one of the more liberal of the cities, but not a big deal. The hills and lakes make it a great place for the view. It is hot and steamy in the summer, but most of Tx is.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Texas is the absolutely best state in the USA for one to live. I do admit that such a statement may be considered to be very broad and somewhat provocative by some, however that is the least of my problems.
Go for it PD, you won't regret it.:)

Bill Kilgore

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Texas Weather Has Four Seasons:

Almost Summer

Summer

Still Summer

Christmas