i'm taking this harder than i ever thought that i could

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Re: i'm taking this harder than i ever thought that i could

Originally posted by ob:<br />I can't for the life of me however,understand how you were interpreting my comment.No big woop ,I guess. [/QB]
All I did was ADD a saying thats been around for decades.....has nothing to do with religion per se in my book, just a phrase... its just a saying I've heard for years....means nothing, and needs no debate. Sorry if you took it wrong...just a phrase....it does not need interpreting

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by Robby6950:<br />
Originally posted by ob:<br />I can't for the life of me however,understand how you were interpreting my comment.No big woop ,I guess.
All I did was ADD a saying thats been around for decades.....has nothing to do with religion per se in my book, just a phrase... its just a saying I've heard for years....means nothing, and needs no debate. Sorry if you took it wrong...just a phrase.... [/QB]
Didn't really take it anyway since I didn't understand it .Makes more sense now though.Never heard the saying before in all my decades.Adios.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

UPDATE: Elmer Fudge has an appiontment with the oncologist(sp?) at 8:30am on monday 12/20/2004.

D

DJ

Take it as hard as you need to. I am very partial to dogs. They offer total love and devotion to their masters and really don't expect anything in return except something to eat and a kind hand.<br /><br />It's hard not to love devotion like that back.<br /><br />We're with you.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Now I remember what that phrase was...<br />"When I die, I want to go where the dogs go". Little bit of brain fade and aint too proud to not admit it...anyway, wishing Elmer Fudge the best...Do you have a picture of the little fella?

LadyFish

Admiral

Elmer, I'm sorry to hear about your namesake not feeling too sporty right now.<br /><br />Since a dog's primary goal in life is to please us, it's sad indeed when they can no longer do what they do best.<br /><br />I will keep you and him in my thoughts and prayers and hope for the very best.<br /><br />I haven't responded to this sooner, because my sister lost her Springer Spaniel of 17 years last week and my daughter's American Bulldog that was only 8 months old died last Friday night. I've been a little grief stricken for them as well and do not handle animal deaths well.<br /><br />My best wishes to you Elmer.

bekosh

Lieutenant

<br /><br />RAINBOW BRIDGE<br /><br />Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When a pet dies that has been especially close to someone here, it goes to Rainbow Bridge.<br />[/QB]
This is a wonderful poem. <br /><br />My wife and I lost our cat Aspen last month. :( Had to rush him to an emergency clinic when he went into convulsions. Lost him before they could even stabalize him. A could of days later we recieved a card from the clinic staff with this poem in it.<br /><br />EF I hope your dog is OK. It's amazing how attached we get to the furry critters.

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

My prayers go out to you EF....I too lost my best friend a little over a year ago and I still cry like a baby over it.....

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I took my screen name from what my biggest role in life has been (until I got married a couple of years ago) as the human belonging to a pair of canines. The older one was the momma of the younger one. I had to put the older one to sleep on January 4, 2002, and the younger one just a few days ago on December 10. I loved those two so much it hurts---but not like losing them.<br /><br />I hope Elmer Fudge can be helped.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

Trent

Captain

I understand your pain.. My yellow lab and my buddy has just started to have seziures. I dont want to give him the meds the docs say to give him because they are narcautics. I want my buddy.. Not a drug induced buddy. However the problems are only comming about two months apart so far. They tell me it will get worse. Then I might go for the meds.? Iv got a life jacket for him, because he loves to swim and I dont want him to drown if he has one. Good luck with your dog...I pray he will be ok.

Skinnywater

Commander

Our animal friends sure can pull on our hearts. :(

ob

Admiral

Hey EF ,How's the dog doing? Did you see the oncologist?

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

yeah! Elmer starts radiation treatment on Jan 7th, i'll be aquiring a digi camera in a few days so i'll try to post a few pics soon.<br />I certainly do appreciate all of the kind words and support which i've recieved, this whole thing has really tore me up on the inside,but i'm prepared do whatever it takes for him to enjoy the best quality of life that a dog can have.

ob

Admiral

Good for you.Hope all goes well.I'm on my third dog now and he's 9.Almost lost him to a rattler last spring.We do tend to get very attached to our buddies.

P.V.

Chief Petty Officer

Trent, I can relate to all of the above posts. After having put down two very old dogs/pals/friends over the years, I am sadden'd and over joy'd with the fond memories of those two!! I currently have a 8 year old yellow lab. He started having seizures when he was young. The vet explain'd that it is fairly common but was solved by doses of pheno-barbitoal. Heck, I could of made a millon bucks selling that crap!! (we buy it by the 1000 tablet bottle!!) Anyway, Barkley has given us years of love and us him by going to the drugs. It's worth every penny and although he's a little slower in the early am and again in the early pm. It was far better than seeing him suffer.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wonderful news that something can be done with your dog. Stay positive.<br /><br />Cherish the time you can with Elmer. Regardless of how long he lives, the fact we humans typically outlive our dogs doesn't seem fair sometimes. <br /><br />This is an unfortunate situation, but make the most of it. As said before, things can always be worse.