Ignition alarm

sinkhole

Seaman
I have a 1996 ELPTO 30 HP. Have no sound when turning on ignition. I remember reading sometime ago that Mercury eliminated the beeping sound when ignition key turned on. Would appreciate if anyone could inform me if this is correct for my motor, before I try to remedy problem. I had oil tank alarm sound Magnet came off of float. Thanks for any help.

airshot

Rear Admiral
My 1992 still has the beep and neighbor has a newer motor but don't know the year that has the initial beep.
According to my manual that beep is a test for the over heat alarm beeper. My magnet came off the oil level float also, so I disconnected it. I do check my oil level frequently and fill it each time I fill the fuel tank. A full tank of fuel (17 gallons) only uses less than half the oil reservoir so there is a cushion built in there.

sinkhole

Seaman
My 1992 still has the beep and neighbor has a newer motor but don't know the year that has the initial beep.
According to my manual that beep is a test for the over heat alarm beeper. My magnet came off the oil level float also, so I disconnected it. I do check my oil level frequently and fill it each time I fill the fuel tank. A full tank of fuel (17 gallons) only uses less than half the oil reservoir so there is a cushion built in there.
I re-glued magnet to float (thanks to great videos posted on you tube.) Warning beep stopped when I reconnected wires but until I get the alarm working satisfactory I will also premix fuel and disconnect wires. You say you fill your oil tank when you fill fuel tank. .Does oil still get mixed with fuel and would that increase the mix ratio?

airshot

Rear Admiral
I re-glued magnet to float (thanks to great videos posted on you tube.) Warning beep stopped when I reconnected wires but until I get the alarm working satisfactory I will also premix fuel and disconnect wires. You say you fill your oil tank when you fill fuel tank. .Does oil still get mixed with fuel and would that increase the mix ratio?
I fill rhe oil reservior on the motor ( injected) when I fill the boats fuel tank. Oil from the reservoir mixes with the fuel when it comes to the carbs. The oil resevoir holds more than enough oil for my 17 gallon fuel tank. I always fill up with fuel on my way home, back unto my barn and fill the oil tank right then, plug in the onboard chargers and everything is ready to go next trip. The beep when you turn the key should be a test for the overheat alarm ( horn) , when it beeps continous that is for low oil ( according to my manual). The wires for the low oil alarm are only for the horn, the injector pump is mechanical not electrical !!

sinkhole

Seaman
Thanks for reply .As I understand the beep when you turn key to on is to verify all systems are working, I know one beep is heat alarm test but I'm not getting any sound. Wanted to know If I should be. Thanks for your time.