If I won the Lottery, I would.......

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander
Re: If I won the Lottery, I would.......

Well this is the first £200,000.00<br /><br />
db9.jpg
<br /><br />Park it in the bosses space and tell him to stick his job.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> Give it away. Very carefully and anonomously.<br /><br />Windfalls (money) will kill most people. It's been proven.<br /><br />I'd rather EARN mine.
Dadgum DJ, your posts have been down lately. CHeerup my friend the world is not goint to hell in a handbasket, the media just wants you to think it is. :D <br /><br />Ken

mattttt25

Commander

give it away? that's funny.<br /><br />buy a new house, sell this one. nothing too big, but waterfront on the bay ($1.5M is a drop in the bucket around here).<br /><br />buy a new grady 300 marlin. gotta get a toy.<br /><br />let my parents retire.<br /><br />give my h.s. and college a big donation, but i get to pick what they spend it on.<br /><br />invest the rest very conservative.<br /><br />go back to work.

D

DJ

Ken,<br /><br />Not down, just real.<br /><br />I'm a happy person, just hate human stupidity.

txswinner

Banned

I did not that large but put 50% to work in support of Christian education for children. Invested the rest in my family and friends.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

#1. Buy my folks a nice F-350 and a hi-zoot fifth-wheel travel trailer so they can get outta here an go see the country, in style... :D <br /><br />#2. Take care of some relatives and close friends with medical probs/bills.. And, make sure their kids can have a college education if they so desire...<br /><br />#3. Buy me a Strike 44' express with a full tower, and spend much of my time fishing and cruising around the Bahamas, the Keys, and beyond...<br /><br />#4. Build a small (and I do mean small) hurricane proof home around here somewhere...<br /><br />#5. Buy Eurolarva a new boat... :D

Dunaruna

Admiral

75 mil U.S is about 100 mil in my language, a nice round number :) . Also in Aus, lottery winnings are tax free.<br /><br />I would:<br /><br />Keep 5 mil for play - go crazy (boats, cars, holidays etc).<br /><br />Carefully distribute 75 mil to charities.<br /><br />Buy investment properties - mostly domestic - enough to generate a healthy (not ridiculous) and permanent income.<br /><br />The remainder I would distribute evenly to my immediate and extended family - about 250 individuals.<br /><br />I would NOT want to have big sums of money sitting in a bank account, I also would not want a massive house.<br /><br />Aldo

LubeDude

Admiral

Well, I never have bought a lottery tickit, dont believe in them so I feel I would be a hipocrit if I did.<br /><br />Blows me away all the people that would set all there kids and grand kids up, thats a sure way to ruin there lives. Only if they show some reponsability would I ever even dream of such a thing and then only very causiously.<br /><br />I dont even think parents should pay for all of a kids education, Match what they put in would be fine, Shows that they really want to get an education if they contribute, but to just send them off to school all expences paid is insain, IMHO. (can you hear a great big flush of money down the toilet)? My folks did that to me and I had a great party time untill I got drafted. I told them I didnt want to go to business school but they insisted.<br /><br />So, if I somehow had a few million dumped in my lap, what would I do?<br /><br />Use the house I have now on the Lake for a vacation home, Buy a nice place with a nice shop and outfit it with all the toys I would ever need as in tools, a lift, a paint booth, and build hot rods. Can you say "Foose"?

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> CHeerup my friend the world is not goint to hell in a handbasket, the media just wants you to think it is. :D <br /><br />Ken
Oh Crap, No kidding, I feel better all ready. I thought everything I hear on the news was the truth. You dont mean that they are not unbiased do you. You mean that they are telling us stuff just so we will think that the present administration isnt doing its job do you??? Shurly you jest! :eek: :eek: :confused:

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I'd get rather drunk. Nothing's ever quite as exciting the next day with a stinking hangover...<br /><br />Then I'd emigrate to either the USA or Australia.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

First I would have 365 tee-shirts that say "Bite-Me" on the front and split the money with the ole lady she would be happy with her 15.00 share and I send her back to Canada and I be dead in 2 weeks....

ZmOz

Captain

I did win the lottery a few months ago. I bought some booze, some gas, and a generator. Too bad it was only $1000. :rolleyes: <br /><br />$75 million? Investments, investments, investments. I've managed to double ~$1000 investments more than once...so I'd invest it, then invest it again, then invest some more. (after I bought a big house, a fast car, and a faster boat of course) Then I'd be that crazy billionare you hear about on the news once a week... :D

brother chris

Commander

I would tithe and give another 10 or so million away. I would help out alot of people and then have 50 million left to play with. <br />Buy a 2-3 houses/cabins, a couple boats, couple cars and a really really really big 4x4 <br />Live a simple life and just have fun fishing and playing with the toys I got. <br />There is nothing wrong with toys, if you are not obsessed with them.

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

Guess I'd just pay it on my bills (as far as it would go). ;)

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> I did win the lottery a few months ago. I bought some booze, some gas, and a generator. Too bad it was only $1000. :rolleyes: <br /><br />$75 million? Investments, investments, investments. I've managed to double ~$1000 investments more than once...so I'd invest it, then invest it again, then invest some more. (after I bought a big house, a fast car, and a faster boat of course) Then I'd be that crazy billionare you hear about on the news once a week... :D
I can see you in a few years, your yard would win the "Redneck yard of the week", on Blue collar TV. :p :p :p :p :p :p

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br />I can see you in a few years, your yard would win the "Redneck yard of the week", on Blue collar TV. :p :p :p :p :p :p
Obviously you haven't seen my current yard. ;)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Give a few thousand to all family members in need(and that's all they get), have my dream home built, buy up the rest of the surrounding property until I feel my personal space is not being invaded, fish, fish and fish, buy my dream boat, and invest wisely.<br />Bassy

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

Is $75 million before or after taxes?<br />If AFTER...buy mom, aunt, uncle, grand parents and great grandmother (she 103 this year) whatever house they want. Give wife 10 million and tell her to have fun (she doesn't do water/boats so she on her own)...buy a nice sailboat (learn to sail) and take a few years off to sail the world. Anything left over will get invested to help keep an income.<br /><br />If BEFORE taxes...take what remaining an buy a grande latte at Starbucks...I might have to pitch in some of my own money though. :( <br /><br />-JustMrWill

aspeck

Staff member

Hmmm, don't buy the tickets either, but if someone gae me one ... after the taxes come out ... then tithe 7.5 mil to local church, then give another 25 mil or so to charities of my chosing, buy up the remaining lots around me so I don't get any more neighbors to close to me. Get a new boat, but it can't be too big because then it would not fit in my garage. Give the 15 year old Bonneville with 32,000 miles on it to someone in need and get wife a new Montana SV6 AWD, Invest the rest. If kids show responsibility and need, then help them, but they have to earn part on their own. I am so glad that is what my dad made me do and want to do the same for the younguns.<br /><br />Okay, enough dreaming. Not that much fun anyway. I like my life just the way it is and really have no desire to change much, although could help out a lot of people.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Everybody here seems to think money is the root of all evil. Its not.<br /><br />Stupidity is.<br /><br />It just gets worse when you mix stupidity with money.<br /><br />Ken