If I won the Lottery, I would.......

monoshock

Petty Officer 1st Class
I thought it would be fun to see what people would do if they had won the lottery, let’s say 75 million.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: If I won the Lottery, I would.......

Pay off all my bills.<br /><br />Set up trust funds for the 6 grandkids so I would not have to worry about them.<br /><br />Give each one of my 3 girls a little of it and tell them to spend it wisely.<br /><br />Hire a 24/7 person to take care of FIL so wife doesn't have to.<br /><br />Buy us a new MH and tour this great country and meet as many iboater's as possible.<br /><br />Other than that, just put it in the bank and live off it.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Pay off my mortage and go build me a new retreat home, one in the mountain and another water front property. Have a better boat than the one I have now (still good). Set up educational trust fund and trust fund for my kids and then retire from my job. Help my family and the in-laws with some financial help and give a big block party. Give about $20,000.00 to wife and tell her to spend until she is tired of spending and then buy treasury bond and municipal bond and shares and invest in mutual fund on the rest of it. Live frugally as before and live on dividends. Quite life...

Stratosfied

Ensign

Lets see...<br />Pay tithes. Pay off all my bills. Put a trust for my daughter. Give my parents and inlaws about 2m each. Buy the lot next to us and build a nice garage. Have some set up to put in wife/daughter account monthly. Buy a nice 3/4 ton truck and the biggest baddest Stratos Rig they got. Set up something for our three favorite charities, The local Humane Society, The House of Hope, and the Sav-A-Life program. Have a stipend to help my only Aunt. Provide for my nieces and nephews, and my siblings. Buy my family alot of toys, boats, 4-wheelers etc. Would take a very long vacation around the US. Buy a whole house generator that runs on LP for when the hurricanes come. Put lots in cds making small, but safe income.<br /><br />But The Very first thing I would do after I recieved the $$, is to QUIT my shiftworking job!

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

probably wouldn't believe I won and throw ticket away.

dolluper

Captain

Go exploring till I found the promised land,at least travel till I've seen everything I still haven't seen or get bored and settle somewhere

monoshock

Petty Officer 1st Class

--all thumbs--<br />probably wouldn't believe I won and throw ticket away. :eek: <br /><br />LOL, I really "laughted out load". :) :p

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Buy iboats so I could become the Master Moderator and rule with an iron fist.<br /><br />Get together a bunch of Bubbas and go "clean house" in the mid-east.<br /><br />Buy the bank that I owe money to, then write off my loan.<br /><br />Put on a helmet and go smashing through plate glass windows. Whoops, that is what I would do in case of the Apocalypse.<br /><br />Ken

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Wondered "how'd I do that" since I've never bought a ticket to play.<br /><br />If I did somehow sleep-gamble and bought a winning ticket in my sleep, I would tithe 10%, give an offering as well, and then retire early and invest the money "wisely"...

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Move. Somewhere less expensive to live and on the water.

D

DJ

Give it away. Very carefully and anonomously.<br /><br />Windfalls (money) will kill most people. It's been proven.<br /><br />I'd rather EARN mine.

one more cast

Captain

I would go to the grocery store and watch for people that looked like they were having trouble make ends meet and hand out $100 bills. I would set up a fund for our little church (20 people come on a good sunday). I would set up trust funds for my grand kids. I would buy all our kids a nice house or give them each a set amount and tell them when their share is gone its gone. I would pay off all my debts. ohh what a nice dream.

Homerr

Commander

Take care of the bills and family first, then I'd buy my own island in the south pacific or other warm climate and hire all kinds of young scantily-dressed hardbodies to cater to my every need..<br /><br /> :) <br /><br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br /><br /><br />Then I'd wake up from my dream in divorce court wondering where all my money went!<br /><br /><br />H.

D

DJ

I LOVE giving, but ANONOMOUSLY!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Get my kids and grandkids set up, then off to Lake Michigan for a cruise in a 74' Bertrum, mine now. Also I would pay my wife back the $10.00 I owe her for the tickets :D

QC

Supreme Mariner

The personal bills stuff is a no-brainer, but you need to be VERY careful about your own children in a case like this. I have thought about it for fun and tend to agree with DJ, but my currrent fantasy plan would be:<br /><br />First, I would get my captain's license. Then buy a big honkin' houseboat and a big honkin' sportfisher and I would run two "camps" for underpriveledged children showing and introducing them to boating and fishing. The houseboat camp would be more of a lake and watersports version and the Sportfisher would be the ocean fishing version. This way I get to play with my favorite passions while giving something back that should/could extend for a few generations; mine and theirs . . .

monoshock

Petty Officer 1st Class

Quote from-beezee28-<br />Give about $20,000.00 to wife and tell her to spend until she is tired of spending and then buy treasury bond and municipal bond and shares and invest in mutual fund on the rest of it.<br /><br />Just $20,000.00, I'm thinking if it were my wife, I'll need to add two more zeros. :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I wouldn't change a thing - keep my same house, same car, same job, same wife.<br /><br /><br /> ;)