Idiot Robertson

txswinner

Banned
Can we believe that a man who supposedly has some intelligence and leads a "Christian Coalition" could possibly support assassination. If this does not break up the radical right "Christians" then we are as bad as the radical Muslims.

D

DJ

Re: Idiot Robertson

Yep, that was a bonehead statement.<br /><br />Yet, he just said (outloud) something that many Americans think.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

This one is just another addition to a long list of bonehead statements.<br /><br />However, just because you are a christian, doesnt mean you cant support assasination or war.<br /><br />Ken

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> However, just because you are a christian(sic), doesnt(sic) mean you cant(sic) support assasination(sic) or war.<br />
What?? The word Christian comes from the name of Christ, Jesus. Do you think he would condone this?

txswinner

Banned

DJ I do not think many Americans can support such thoughts and Ken you are way off on what it means to be a Christian. I guess this was a bad thread for me to start as time would be better spent elsewhere than arguing what being a Christian should be.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Actually Christ says to turn the other cheek, only if you are getting slapped.<br /><br />If you are getting shot at, you may return fire.<br /><br />There are many battles discussed in the Bible, in which god was on the winners side. God didnt stop the war, he let the good guys win.<br /><br /><br />Ken

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> If you are getting shot at, you may return fire.<br />Ken
And I guess he and the disciples would have had bourbon or scotch at the last supper if the still had been invented?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Sorry for the inclusion of modern technology. :rolleyes: <br /><br />In short, if your life is being threatened, it is OK to defend yourself.<br /><br />Some people have confused the "turn the other cheek" to interpret it as complete pacifism. This is a very wrong interpretation.<br /><br />Ken

txswinner

Banned

I agree with defend yourself and this is why I so strongly oppose the war in Iraq. If Saddam had WMD Isreal would have been blasted not USA. That is why I suspected from the beginning the invasion was based on lies.

D

DJ

Sadaam had definite designs on the US and was in contact with OBL. Not to mention, he didn't kill all those Kurds with flowers.<br /><br />Being a Christian is what you do or don't do with the thoughts you have.<br /><br />And yes, there are many battles told of in the Bible.

txswinner

Banned

Most Biblical battles were by instructions from God to wipe out the infidels and immoral people of the world, SOUND FAMILIAR.

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer

If Jesus were around and let the Saddams of the world proliferate as they have, maybe what He would do isn't really relevent. Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out!

txswinner

Banned

That kind of remark might come from Bin Laden but never from Jesus.

txswinner

Banned

As a Christian Jesus is always relevant. I am so amazed by this.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It was a colossally stupid thing to say, even worse when on camera.<br /><br />Pat Robertson has nothing to do with what it really is to be Christian, much less to be a perfect Christian. He is a media political/preacher celebrity with a part to play. Don't confuse that with who he really is or what Christianity really is.<br /><br />Assassinate the political leader of another country? It has been done, and it has been tried unsuccessfully. How much of a threat does that one person represent to us? <br /><br />Common English/American law says that if you truly fear for your life you may kill the threat in your own defense. I don't see a Columbian pain in the butt as a threat to our lives. <br /><br />Now, as for habitual child molesters and sexual predators. I fear for the lives of innocent children and I say Zap them. . . in public. I don't think true Christains would object to that.

txswinner

Banned

Actually, the way prisoners treat them in the penitentary may be better punishment but never ever let them out.

oddjob

Commander

all I want to know is........who killed the kurds?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

txswinner, you seem to forget God can do some very bad things to those that oppose him.<br /><br />Read your bible.<br /><br />Ken

txswinner

Banned

I do each day, infact I am going to lunch with it now. I do appreciate anytime one reminds me to read my bible. Thanks.