Identify Rectifier, Early 90's 60hp

glengold

Petty Officer 1st Class
Guys, I'm having trouble determining which rectifier I need to order. I recently purchased a 3 cyl two stroke 60 hp Evinrude. The PO said it was a 94, but that can't be because the rectifier is a circular one with three wires, and all the 94's have the square heat sink type. I've found two different options for the circular rectifier in early 90's 60hp Evinrudes. One is just a regular rectifier and the other one is called a rectifier/power supply and cost about twice as much. They both look identical, have the same fasteners and number of wires.

The other components of the ig system are as follows: The power pack is part number 0582399, which doesn't help because that's the PP is used with both rectifier options. The stator was replaced in '02 with a CDI 173-4060. I can't find a thing on the internet about that stator.

I'm not firing on the middle cylinder. Swapped coils, it stayed on the same cylinder. The rectifier has partially melted, and the battery is not charging, so I know that part must be replaced first. I have a Dig Voltmeter to test the other parts, I really need to find out which rectifier to order.

Can't find a model number anywhere on the damn thing...

schematic

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Identify Rectifier, Early 90's 60hp

One is just a regular rectifier and the other one is called a rectifier/power supply and cost about twice as much. They both look identical, have the same fasteners and number of wires.
Probably just look the same on some parts breakdown, but their not the same looking in real life. Sierra 18-5708 is what you want. I don't believe there ever was a regulated rectifier in this case style.