Identification help

Jbycroft9

Cadet
I purchased this boat awhile back. Had a bill of sale it is to old to have a HIN. Problem is shortly after I purchased home burned down then I had a stroke. Lost some memory, cant remember what year it is. I know this is a 15'6" lone star. I'm guessing from reading it's a rivet boat. Has a rivet every inch on every seam.
Thank you in advance for any help. I have pictures just not sure how to post on here.

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard.

To add photos, click the photo icon in the editor you type into:
Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 8.11.03 AM.png

Then a window will pop up and you can drag your image into that window:
Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 8.11.10 AM.png

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Typical tinny. Get it registered in your name, spend a weekend replacing the transom wood, use it for decades

Jbycroft9

Cadet
Typical tinny. Get it registered in your name, spend a weekend replacing the transom wood, use it for decades
Unfortunately I'm trying to find out a year cause it has no HIN. In missouri its required to have a title. I have no idea where to even begin to try and get it titled.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
That boat is at least 10-15 years OLDER than any HIN. It would have had a serial number

Scott Danforth

Staff member
should be a tag on the inside of the transom near where it says lonestar. it may be stamped into the gunwale somewhere.

Jbycroft9

Cadet
should be a tag on the inside of the transom near where it says lonestar. it may be stamped into the gunwale somewhere.
Unfortunately there is no stamp inside the boat with serial code. Just like there is no hull number plate on it as well.