iBoats, Internet's best Mods

SoulWinner

Commander
I have been cruising forums, message boards and Usenet since 1991. In that time I have grown from flame-war idiot to (insert your opinion of me here). I have seen forums collapse into unrestrained flaming and personal degradation that killed them. I know of news groups that used to be cool places to correspond with people regarding stuff like bag pipes and Toyotas, that are now just war zones with nothing posted relating to the original intent of the group. Occasionally there are threads on iBoats that demonstrate our collective ability to be really mean to others, but for the most part we are outstandingly civil. That being said, I still believe that without the great job that the Mods do here, this forum would be just like the forum on F'd Company.com Anyhoo, thanks Mods, you do a great job of insuring that this forum is always a great place to come and chill with people whom I wish I could emulate.

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: iBoats, Internet's best Mods

LD, go to the F'd Company.com website and check their forums. Depressing. There are few out there that are so revolting that they will definatly make you appreciate this place that much more. I hadn't visited their "happy slander fun forums" in a while, and I went on there the other and couldn't believe it. So I went to another site with a forum and the entire forum had been taken over by liberals....and it isn't a polital site!

sangerwaker

Commander

Agreed guys. I am a newbie here and the warmness and "niceness" is what attracted me. I too have seen many boards' demise from inconsiderate and downright mean posts. Besides, here we get to talk (most of the time) about boats, and always to fellow boaters.<br /><br />Keep up the great work mods! Keep making this a great place to hang out!

gonfishn

Commander

Make that a double here on the pucker..We all know that they do a fair approch on controling almost 50 thousand of us..<br /><br />Lets give credit to where it belongs and that is us..Without us there would be no need for the mods. If it wasn't for us challenging them each day life would be such a bore for them.<br /><br />I am still trying to find out where that poof button is on my keyboard so I can play to...

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hummmmmmmmmmm....<br /><br />Nearly 50,000 REGISTERED members! Does the "Guinness Book of Records" know about the i-boats forum site??? :confused: <br /><br />"i-boats, NONE, just as good"<br /> <br />...Bob in Calif...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

lol. And I agree. I dumped some otherwise great sites, one with many good friends aboard because of lack of moderating.<br />If you get whacked here, it is allways deserved.

KaGee

Admiral

Here, Here! <br /><br />Only been here a short time, definetly one of the best kept sights.<br /><br />The computer forums are terrible. I'm thick somedays, took me awhile to understand that the bulk of those forum users were under 18 years old. As were some of the mods. <br /><br />Blessings to the mods.<br />Blessings back at ya SW. :)

dick

Chief Petty Officer

AAHAA the love in the room, doesn't this belong in the good news forum? <br />No really ,doesn't it ?

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Bob in Calif.:<br /> Hummmmmmmmmmm....<br /><br />Nearly 50,000 REGISTERED members! Does the "Guinness Book of Records" know about the i-boats forum site??? :confused: <br /><br />"i-boats, NONE, just as good"<br /> <br />...Bob in Calif...
Bob...the contest is over...
30.gif

LubeDude

Admiral

Sorry Soulwinner, I just couldnt help myself.<br /><br />Next to Castaway, I suppose I hold somekind of a record for having posts I post one getting poofed, Not from what "I" say, but I guess I just have a way with others, and we know who those others are :eek: :eek: :p :p <br /><br />Ya, the moderators do a good job, even if I think they are just a little quick at times!<br /><br />Like Smoky bear, "He can spot a fire before it starts to flame".<br /><br />Keep up the good work, you are all appriciated.<br /><br />Kiss, Kiss, Kisssssss ;)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, SW. (The check is in the mail :D )<br /><br />Sometimes folks get the idea that we are mad at them or don't like them when we edit or delete.<br /><br />Not true. Just doing a job.<br /><br />Thanks again. :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Yep, I am very glad we have Mod's like you all. You help this site a happy place. Thanks!! You're the best!!

Link

Rear Admiral

Ok all you Suck Ups remember JB is going to be at a concert tonight.. Play Time with no adult supervision! :D :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I'm with you Link, what a bunch of suck ups. :D <br />j/k you all, maybe :p

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I guess y'all don't believe me. Here ya go;<br /> Florida Sportsman online ...Used to be a premier website for boaters and fishermen, even if it WAS a tad localized in design. Too bad....The mutants took it over.<br />I know most of you folks are JK, but I thought I'd post this for the rest. SW is right. This site is one of the most well-maintained sites online. A place fit for cussy old sailors, children, and clergymen alike.<br />It is as rare as online diamonds.