iboats.com slow server internet moderator

mrimike

Seaman
Please tell me its not just me!!
I have one of the fastest internet connections available, yet everytime I visit this site its like a turtle takes the wheel! Its been that way at different computers so I know its not just mine. I also have trouble with it freezing up and having to send error reports b/c of non responding server. i can jump to other sites no problem.
Maybe your i/t guy can look into getting a faster better server to better serve the demand of the customers you have here. I love this site, but I have found myself searching elsewhere just because its so darn slow!
Thanks for listening.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: iboats.com slow server internet moderator

It gets slow for many of us, Mike. It gets VERY slow for some of us some of the time.

Our guys are working on it constantly.

We just have sooooo much traffic some of the time it jams up.

Hang in there. :)

chiefalen

Captain

You using firefox ? Clean out your cache might help.

This site likes firefox.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Usually just as fast as any other website on my end...
I do agree that Firefox works better here than IE.

Nandy

Commander

Never had a problem in hte last 2 years or so. I use firefox and block the advertisement as if I need something online I come here anyway. I wonder if blocking the advertisement that has anything to do with the speed issue.

Benny1963

Lieutenant

it has its moments ,i watch several boating sites iboats is the only one i get good ifo on repair from,so i just deal with it,rite now its flying

npd4432

Chief Petty Officer

It runs slow sometimes when ordering and searching for parts for me. The forums are usually pretty good.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

I just installed firefox! I never used it before. This site SCREAMS!!! compared to IE!!!! I will use this browser all the time here now!!! I used IE and the pages with pics took about 15-20 seconds with IE and now its instant! I have Comcast cable gamers package. I get 20MBPS down and 11 UP. with IE it took those times i told you about but now there is no wait at all!!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

foxfire is far superior to IE, also AOL, does not like this site for some reason.

xtraham

Lieutenant

if you want iboats to fly, try google chrome.. it's very slow for me with IE, it's semi fast with fire-fox, but it's instant with google chrome.

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral

Its a little better since I told it (under user CP) not to show avatars and signatures.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

if you want iboats to fly, try google chrome.. it's very slow for me with IE, it's semi fast with fire-fox, but it's instant with google chrome.

I tried that program before. I like how the home page is a bunch of thumbs of your favorites. That was really useful!! It was slower than IE for me though. You had to install a huge version of java in order to view youtube. It was to me, great if they iron out some of the problems. I really really liked the layout of the google chrome, but the problems outweighed the good of the browser. If they can get it small enough so that it runs like firefox ill try it again. I think that firefox runs fast because it is a smaller program (more simple) than IE and google. Thats just my observation. So far I Love Firefox!!!