iboats.com makes #48 on Inc. 500 list!

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Click Here to read our press release.<br /><br />The entire team here at iboats.com would like to thank each of you for helping make this exciting achievement possible. We are a family-owned<br />business that never got the millions from Venture Capitalists. We started in October 1998, back when it was considered cool to be a "dot com", but our primary motivation was not to go public or making a quick buck - we just wanted to create the best boating website and marine online retail business on the web.<br /><br />This ranking is a further indicator that we are getting there! Thanks for letting us share this exciting accomplishment with you because all of you are the ones that have helped us through the tough times (the winter of 2001 was a particularly scary one!) and now we hope you will<br />also celebrate the successes with us as well.<br /><br />Thank you, thank you, thank you and we hope the next 6 years will be as exciting as the last 6 have been and that we can help even more boaters to solve their problems and find the real joys that boating can bring!

Carphunter

Commander
Re: iboats.com makes #48 on Inc. 500 list!

The real thanks goes to you Admin5, and all the other associates and moderators that contribute to this site. We sure wouldn't be here without you guys!<br /><br />Congrats on the ranking, even though #48 is way too low. ;)

ndemge

Commander

So how bout some profit sharing for us "basement dwellers"? ... <br /><br />Are you trying to say were not "Family" ???

Walter

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I've been absent for about a year now, but I'm very impressed with the new various forums that classify outboards, I/O's, repair, non-repair, etc... How refreshing!<br /><br />You guys have really made this a top-notch site. <br /><br />Walt<br /><br />PS Has anyone heard from Fone_Man lately??

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by Walter:<br /> ... I'm very impressed with the new various forums that classify outboards, I/O's, repair, non-repair, etc...
I think this is one of the things that makes this site the best boating forums around. The forum topics are split up almost perfectly, and you keep adjusting them to make them even better. It really shows that the mods and admins pay attention to how they're used. I'm sure it's that responsiveness that keeps you at the top of the game. <br /><br />Thanks to all of you!

SoulWinner

Commander

Did have a marine store that you went on-line with, or start the whole thing from scratch? Sound like a daunting proposition iether way. You deserve a lot of credit for doing a wonderful job with all this; but don't forget Deut 8:17,18.<br /><br />Congrats to you all and thank you for all of your hard work, and for this wonderful site!!

aspeck

Staff member

We're # 48! We're # 48! That just don't sound right?!?! Let's make it #1!<br /><br />Congrats Admin 5 and the entire iBoats team! You are all one class act!<br /><br />P.S. Growing up my parents always said we kids had the cellar to play in. Now that I am an adult(?), thanks for giving US a cellar to play in!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

WOW! Over a half million answers can be found here! So do we need to keeping asking questions? Yep!<br /><br />Thank you Bruno, Admin, and the rest of your iboats crew. This site is a big asset to the boating community. <br /><br />Thank you! and your are very welcome for my participation.. JOB WELL DONE! :D

brother chris

Commander

The true thanks is for YOU. <br />This is the best site for boating and boating related topics ever. I can't find a single boating site that evens comes close to this. <br />I constently tell all my friends to visit here. <br />Cheers,<br />Brother Chris.<br /><br /><br />Note: Now all we need is a iboats for Canada.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

What?? Not number one!??!!?<br />JK. Congrats to the crew. You're number-one in my link list.

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

You Guys are No 1 in my book.. ;) <br />Ever thought of iboats.com.au ?

bvassel3

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank you all for the kind words. Building iboats has been the most difficult, and rewarding thing I have ever done professional...over my 35 years in running both very small companies and working in some very large corporations. <br /><br />Putting everything...house, cars and saving, etc....at serious risk to fund this dream...iboats...has made it necessary to be very selective about where we spent our money in building this business over the last 6 years. <br /><br />My son and I have continued to feel, however, that providing these Forums to all who would like to use them...FREE of any charge...was an important part of our overall business model. We know that the Forums cost us money each month in various ways, but the "community" and the "service and help" aspects of our Forums far outweight the cost considerations in our minds, and we really believe that we are, in part, where we are today as a viable marine company because of our Forums and all of your contributions so generously and selflessly shared. Many, many thanks to all!<br /><br />BV

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

build it and they will come BV! ;) <br />congrats to all of you and best luck for the <br />future. Iboats is truly one of a kind IMO.<br />warm regards,<br />M.Y.

SCO

Lieutenant

People want to know: are you guys all riding Harleys to the grocery store and buying vacation homes?? I hope so. Congratulations and great job.

bvassel3

Petty Officer 1st Class

SCO...so far every dime has gone back into further building the business, but I really like the idea of the Harleys! :D <br />BV

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by bv:<br /> SCO...so far every dime has gone back into further building the business, but I really like the idea of the Harleys! :D <br />BV
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS<br />I do have a couple questions though. And I won't feel slighted if you don't reply. I'll just stay here in the cellar and sulk! :D <br /><br /><br />A: Did you do a business plan before starting out?<br />B: In the pics in about us <br /><br />
Corporate Headquarters<br />October 1998 to September 1999
Was this the top of a warehouse or even smaller?<br /><br />Thanks<br />Link

Dunaruna

Admiral

Quote by Brother Chris[Note: Now all we need is a iboats for Canada.]<br /><br />Quote by Unicorn [Ever thought of iboats.com.au ?]<br /><br />The forums are already multi-national, just gotta work on the mega-mall now ;) <br /><br />Congrats i-boats!!<br /><br />Aldo

eeboater

Commander

Just curious, how many employees are employed by iboats, and, the mods, what function do you guys perform within the company? Are you the "IT Guys" or are you actually accountants who monitor the forums.<br /><br />Sean