IAC and Coil Part Numbers?

blamtro

Petty Officer 2nd Class
looking for part numbers for the IAC idle air control valve and ignition coils.

Have Formula BR280 with Model: 350 Mag MPI 4442067M1

SNs.
Drives: 0L745506, 0L745507 2.00R
Engines: 0L643912, 0L643910
Transom: 0L838995, 0L838998

blamtro

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry, I meant what is the automotive equivalent, not the marine markup parts

Fun Times

Staff member
Sometimes one trick would be take the OEM part numbers and run them on EBay and/or Rockauto.com (or some other sites too) and generally you may run across and auto part number equivalent part number and manufacturer/s name.

Maybe such names as AC Delco / Delphi, Bosch, STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Fuel & Air : Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve Auto Parts and a few others at times.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...0&_odkw=803149
https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearch/?partnum=803149

One-thing you have to look out for though even though the part numbers all suggests it fits the same of OEM, 'With/on the aftermarket auto name brands of the IAC is the plug-in connector may be mounted on the opposite side of the OEM part and the wiring harness may not reach to plug it in...Sometimes that may even happen on the "marine" aftermarket brands such as Sierra Marine < only used as an example name so try to see/ask for close-up photos should you order online from EBay Should you not walk into an auto store...Sometimes napa auto parts is best help for walk-ins for matchups.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Sorry, I meant what is the automotive equivalent, not the marine markup parts

Electrical parts ARE marine specific. Things like coils and IACs need to comply to SAE-J1171, automotive 'equivalent' parts don't meet that standard, and as such are unsuitable for use in a boat.....

This is not the way you want your day to end, and using non-marine electrical and fuel system components is a quick way to see that happen....

fetch