I think she is finally ready

So after mounting the quick release for the trolling motor, installing the battery box, running the wire and securing it, replacing the 2 nuts that i found were missing from the brackets that hold the toons to the frame, tightening up all the other loose nuts on the toon brackets ( I definitely dont envy you guys that did this during your rebuild although I am sure it was easier without a deck on the boat), tightening the motor pod back to the frame, and tightening the trailer guide u-bolts I think she is finally ready for the shake down run and fishing this weekend in preparation for Weiss Lake in 2 weeks.

2013-03-09_16-57-06_509.jpgIMG_20130327_195623_733.jpgIMG_20130327_195653_613.jpgIMG_20130327_195711_386.jpg

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I think she is finally ready

Those are the biggest docking lights I've ever seen.

The Rooster

Ensign

Those tubes look brand new !!! Best of luck on the shakedown cruise !!!

Those are the biggest docking lights I've ever seen.

Yeah they are super bright and i am pretty sure they were on there from the factory

I like that front trailer ladder.

I do too, I had to have a very good trailer as i will be fishing 3 different lakes that are anywhere from 30-150 miles from my house along with having to make crappie fishing trips to Reelfoot(285miles) and Weiss Lakes (375miles). It is a Tennessee Trailer. Tandem axle, single axle vented disk brakes, oil bath hubs, electric reverse lockout so i dont have to get out and put the pin in to back it up, loading guides to make me look good.

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class

your pontoon looks good, you did a fine job on it. good luck fishin

brnschoneck

Petty Officer 1st Class

y very nice vessel ....good luck fishng shes a beauty luv the lights was gnna ask where u got em lol ???i guess they were on there huh ??? i put 3 55w tractor lighst on the front of mine anxious to see how bright they are im hoping there enough ??should be ???

dls322

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice looking toon....very clean. Your logs look brand new!

Nice looking toon....very clean. Your logs look brand new!

Thank you, she has a few dents and scratches but like scars that just adds character. As for the toons that is the way they looked from the first time i went to look at it.

I bought the boat from a dealer that had it on consignment because the customer put it in storage and then decided to sell it. I bought it with like 10 life jackets, 8 bumpers, and 2 anchors still in the boat. It has the fishing seats i wanted along with a sundeck and changing room that my wife wanted.

The only thing left to do is add a potty. Should be easy enough. One of those seats that snaps to a bucket + 5 gallon bucket + double lined camping poo poo bags with the absorbent gel = potty with no smell for the girls to go #1 (#2 will be strictly forbidden unless it is an emergency)

dls322

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds like a good plan.....or just cut hole in the floor of the boat :laugh:

1960 Starflite

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks Great :) My Granddaughter would love that Mustang :)

Looks Great :) My Granddaughter would love that Mustang :)
Thanks. We took it out today and everything went great other than having to wait 2 hours before we could see more than 10 feet in front of us due to fog, it was kinda cold and windy, and nobody caught any fish. Oh well the point was to verify the trolling motor was large enough, the trolling battery would last long enough, and that the anchors would hold the boat and all was a success so now the boat will sit for 2 weeks then go to alabama crappie fishing.